Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

Can't get more than 2400 RPM's

rmarbach
rmarbach Member Posts: 4 ✭✭
My baby ran fine for 2.5 days this week. Shut it down to swim and then only had 2400 RPM's. Topped of the gas, I ran it below 1/4 tank which I do not normally do. Same issue. Changed fuel filter. Same. I can get 3300+ RPM's in neutral, but only 2400 in gear. Has anyone expierenced this situation? Any ideas?

Answers

• dward0
    dward0 Member Posts: 33 ✭✭
    Fishing line wrapped around the prop?
    1991 Fundeck FD196 Fish and Fun
    1990 Yamaha 130 2 stroke

• cjjjdeck
    cjjjdeck Member, Moderator Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭
    You might want to post the year, make and Horsepower rating of your motor rmarbach.  Someone with a similar setup might have encountered the same thing and fixed it...... hopefully.

I know that my Mercruiser will go into limp mode under certain conditions in order to protect the engine and drive.
    2012 SD237 I/O Mercruiser 5.0L MPI ECT/ Bravo 3
    2012 Load Rite Elite Tandem axle trailer

• rmarbach
    it sounds like I am in limp mode. 2008 Mercruiser 5.0 fuel injected 260 hp bravo 3.
  • rmarbach
    I have not checked for fishing line around the prop yet, but will next week.
  • cjjjdeck
    cjjjdeck Member, Moderator Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭
    My unit went into limp mode when the drive oil reservoir was low.  When a Bravo 3 drive is new, I found out it is normal for the reservoir to drop significantly as the voids in the casing of the drive are finally reached and fills in while you run the boat and it is clearly stated to expect it in the Mercruiser Owners Manual.  That is exactly what happened to me.
    2012 SD237 I/O Mercruiser 5.0L MPI ECT/ Bravo 3
    2012 Load Rite Elite Tandem axle trailer