Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

Service

Options
nprcoolcop380
nprcoolcop380 Member Posts: 68 ✭✭
I was quoted $260.00 for a 100 hr service for a yamaha 150 four stroke. Is this a good price. 

Comments

• Ernest_T
    Ernest_T Member, Moderator Posts: 269 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I'd say that it a pretty good deal if the actually do everything on the list for the 100 hour service.  This service as a minimum should include changing the engine oil, changing the gear case lube, changing the on board fuel/water filter, and greasing all fittings.  It is supposed to also include checking the spark plugs and the impeller, but this is rarely done, since it would involve dropping the lower unit, and actually pulling the plugs.  

I do my own service, and considering that you will spend around $130-$150 just for all the stuff you need, I'd say $260 is a pretty good deal.  Most shops probably charge well over $100 an hour for service, and this would take me at least an hour to do.  

I'd make sure you get an itemized list of what they include in the 100 hours service.
    2010 Hurricane 2100 (217) Sun Deck
    2008 Yamaha F150 TXR Outboard
    2008 Yamaha FX **** Cruiser Waverunner
  • nprcoolcop380
    nprcoolcop380 Member Posts: 68 ✭✭
    Options
    Thanks Ernest !