Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

Best Cruising RPM for SD2400 with Merc.350mag with Bravo3

Options
PegasusA300
PegasusA300 Member Posts: 6
Hi All!
I know this subject has been written about but I can't find the post I'm looking for.
I have a 2014 SD2400 I/O Mercruiser 350 Mag with a Bravo 3 drive.
I'm looking the best cruising speed RPM for fuel burn in GPH (fuel flow)….speed vs burn…all else being equal, properly trimmed…etc. I have the numbers for the engine itself…but that doesn't take into consideration the size of the boat…just engine. Same engine on a different boat might go faster on a smaller boat, slower on a larger boat. 
Has anyone installed a fuel flow meter on this boat and done the analysis best rpm for best speed vs fuel burn?
One of our favorite restaurants is about 1+45 away and if the fuel burn/mph is more efficient at a slightly different rpm then its a no brainer. I've been running between 3000-3300-3500 rpm but just can't tell the difference without a fuel flow gage. Any SD2400 owners played with the numbers and settled in on a good cruise rpm?? THANKS!!!

Comments