Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

changing inside deck lighting to led

RuddsRetreat
RuddsRetreat Member Posts: 55 ✭✭

Has anyone changed over your inside lights to led bulbs?   These are the small inside lighting usually in the wall next to the entrances.  If so, is it easy to get to the bulbs to change.

Comments

• caseynettles
    caseynettles Member Posts: 69 ✭✭

Changed all of mine over to LED, got a large pack on Amazon.  They are a little longer than the incandescent bulbs but they fit and look a lot better, produce quite a bit of light as well, did my gauges the same way.  You can choose from different colors also and they use almost no electricity compared to incandescent and run cool.  Tech note...12v LED's are polarized so if they don't work flip them over and put back in socket.  Here is a link to what I bought.  This bulb was in every light on my boat except my nav lights which I just bought LED replacement fixtures for them.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00JRE38EA/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1  

• RuddsRetreat
    Did you buy the white lights? I'm thinking blue, I seen a boat with blue at night that looked very cool.,  the link shows white.  thanks
  • RuddsRetreat

caseynettles I tried to remove light bulbs to replace but had problem pulling them out.  I tried to pull and broke one from connection.   Is there a special way to remove the small deck lighting.

Thanks,

Kev

• caseynettles
    caseynettles Member Posts: 69 ✭✭
    From what I remember you twist the socket left ~1/4 turn then pull them out but if you are just referring to the socket the bulb fits into they just pull straight out but I guess there could be some corrosion in there that could make them hard to pull out.
  • RuddsRetreat
    yea I tried to pull bulb straight out and it broke off inside.  it is a 2004 so I'm sure corrosion had something to do with that.Thanks
  • phins2rt
    phins2rt Member Posts: 8
    I use rubber gloves when I need a bit more leverage to pull out the stuck bulbs.  Good to know most of the bulbs are pretty standard.  Thanks.
    2012 FD 2306 OB - Honda 225hp
  • RuddsRetreat
    The bulbs are very hard to get leverage since they do not stick out far enough to grasp.  I used needle nose pliers so very gently but unfortunately pulled bulb apart leaving part in connection.   FUN FUN FUN
  • OSTATE
    OSTATE Member Posts: 1
    where can I buy docking light bulbs for my 2013 sun deck
  • cjjjdeck
    cjjjdeck Member, Moderator Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to the Owners Forum, OSTATE!

There are three different docking light fixtures that could be on your boat.  I'll mention all three since I don't know what model boat you have.  

A round surface mount (used on the Fundeck series), an oval flush mount and an oval surface mount that articulates up and down.  If you have a halogen lamp (verses LED) in your fixture, then the bulb used is a H-3 35 watt bulb (same bulb is used in all three fixtures).

Any auto parts store will have them since they are common in fog lights on cars, or on-line or at your Hurricane dealer.

2012 SD237 I/O Mercruiser 5.0L MPI ECT/ Bravo 3
    2012 Load Rite Elite Tandem axle trailer

• hurricanejack
    hurricanejack Member Posts: 2
    Do you have to change the fixtures also or can you actually find a LED bulb that fits the fixture in the boat? My boat is a 2006 Fun Deck
  • BoomerHauser
    BoomerHauser Member Posts: 4
    edited April 2017
    I have been trying to replace the deck lights on my 1999 Hurricane Fundeck 201 with LEDs but I can't find any that fit without making some modifications to reach the anchor bolt from underneath the deck.
    I replaced a bulb in one of the stock lights and it's so dim that it's useless.

Any ideas?

Thanks!