Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

White cap

Options
kevinmcp
kevinmcp Member Posts: 10
could someone tell me what the whitecap shutoff controls and if it should be on or off when driving the boat. 

Comments

• cjjjdeck
    cjjjdeck Member, Moderator Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm not sure what white cap shut off you may be talking about as I can't quite picture a device/control like that on my model boat,  Would you be able to post a picture of it so the members might have a better idea?  Also mentioning the year and model of your boat might help as well as some years and  models differ from one another.
    2012 SD237 I/O Mercruiser 5.0L MPI ECT/ Bravo 3
    2012 Load Rite Elite Tandem axle trailer

• kevinmcp
    Options
    Will do thanks
  • kevinmcp
    Options
  • kevinmcp
    Options
    Boat is a 2007 fun deck.  This is in the back of the boat to the left of the motor is facing it. Not sure what it does. 
  • cjjjdeck
    Options
    OK, that was a big help.  That is a ball valve and "Whitecap" is the manufacturer of it.

It looks like that is the ball valve that controls the intake for a livewell that might be on your boat.  It is currently in the "open" position.  If you're not using the livewell you should always turn it to the "closed" position just in case the hose springs a leak.

• kevinmcp
    Options
    Well the live well pump is on the other side. Of the motor. I'll have to see if they are connected. My live well is currently tripping th
  • caseynettles
    caseynettles Member Posts: 69 ✭✭
    Options

looks like the livewell drain valve, I am adding one as soon as all my parts arrive

• cjjjdeck
    Options
    Casey is right, it could be the inlet or outlet valve for the system as both are located at the transom.

• kevinmcp
    Options
    Ok thanks. Must be the outlet.