Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

Battery drain

Options
inhave a battery drain in my 2007 fun deck. I think the live well is causing it because when I turn it on the switch trips out. Has anyone had this issue and know how to fix it?

Comments

• nquirk
    nquirk Member, Moderator Posts: 672 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @kevinmcp  Two things can cause the problem you describe turning on the livewell switch.  One, debris inside the pump for the livewell.  If the pump tries to run and gets resistance it will sometimes trip the breaker for the livewell.

Secondly, the connections on the back of the livewell switch.  When you turn the switch on, a short across the switch will also cause this issue.

Neither of these unfortunately will cause a drain on your battery as they only draw power (for a short period) when the switch is activated.

Do you have any items that are non-standard/aftermarket installed that could draw power?  For example, a common one could be a fishfinder being installed but connected to constant power, not switched power that will continue to run and draw power when the boat is not running and the master power is in the off position.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2010 Hurricane SS 188 OB
    2010 Mercury Optimax 200HP / Mercury SS High Five 19P
    2010 Trailmaster SC trailer