Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

Color code for seats ?

tina
tina Member Posts: 2

I am going to purchase white marine vinyl coat spray to repair seats and backing wear and tear.  I have a 2003 Fun Deck GS201.  There are 5 variations of white color sprays, how do I match the the closest?  Anyone know???

Answers

• BWH
    BWH Member Posts: 113 ✭✭✭
    No idea what the color is, but would love to hear some reviews for this product.  You def peaked my intereset.  Have you used the product before with good results?  Anyone have experience "coating" their seats.   Mine are old, spotted and faded, but not a lot of tears.  Would like to recover, but if I could get another season or 2 out of them, that would be great.   
  • Ernest_T
    Ernest_T Member, Moderator Posts: 269 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2015
    Not used that stuff on boat seats, but have had good luck on outdoor furniture vinyl with it.

I'd try doing a good cleaning first.  I've been able to remove some pretty bad stains, black mold, etc..  We just did my brothers boat, and he had been thinking about having his seats recovered, but after we finished they looked almost new.  We used a variety of products including Meguiars, 303 Aerospace Multipurpose cleaner, bleach (on the really bad areas, and Magic Erasers for the most difficult spots.  

As for color selection, you can buy actual color spray outs from most of the companies that make the paints.  They usually cost around $10, but should help you make a match.
    2010 Hurricane 2100 (217) Sun Deck
    2008 Yamaha F150 TXR Outboard
    2008 Yamaha FX **** Cruiser Waverunner
  • cjjjdeck
    cjjjdeck Member, Moderator Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭
    There isn't a color code for the vinyl. but there are names and the names used that year were called palomino white or grey pearl.  I not sure if that will really help you in what you're trying to do.  Ernest T's recommendation sounds worth trying first.
    2012 SD237 I/O Mercruiser 5.0L MPI ECT/ Bravo 3
    2012 Load Rite Elite Tandem axle trailer

• Ernest_T
    Ernest_T Member, Moderator Posts: 269 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2015
    Other option I forgot to mention is that some of the companies will let you send in a small sample of your vinyl and they will match it to one of their products, or even mix an exact match.  But getting an exact match will cost more, and I don't know if they would put it in a rattle can.  

In most cases you are going to have to do all the seats anyhow, so an exact match would not be necessary.  
    2010 Hurricane 2100 (217) Sun Deck
    2008 Yamaha F150 TXR Outboard
    2008 Yamaha FX **** Cruiser Waverunner
  • geno
    geno Member Posts: 2
    Best bet is to do all the whites I used Sea Ray white or cutty white after awhile it will all lend together