Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

video help

Options
bk102
bk102 Member Posts: 14
Is there anywhere that has video help top certain questions. For example...how to use your Bimini Top in different positions, how to attach tow harness. I know these are fairly simple procedures but I want to know if there is a resource of info.

Comments

• cjjjdeck
    cjjjdeck Member, Moderator Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Unfortunately, there aren't "How to" videos that Hurricane has produced, only videos doing a walk-through going over the features and benefits of the various models.  Normally, a (good) dealer should have gone over any systems like this with you when you were picking up the boat.

But I think you have a great idea with the "How to" type videos.   I passed the suggestion on to Hurricane's Marketing Department for consideration.
    2012 SD237 I/O Mercruiser 5.0L MPI ECT/ Bravo 3
    2012 Load Rite Elite Tandem axle trailer

• HydroCanis
    HydroCanis Member Posts: 176 ✭✭
    Options
    Would it be within guidelines of this forum to maintain a list of links to YouTube videos others have made like that, or to maintain a link to an outside list of such links, certainly with disclaimer, etc, even if just those made by this forum's participants? I'd be happy to make a few shorties based on what I've learned this past year, and to watch one someone might make illustrating just how long your arm has to be to reach the bilge pump. :p
    David
    2003 Sundeck 217 OB, Yamaha 150 2 Stroke
    "I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered. My life is my own." - Number 6

• HydroCanis
    Options
    I realize nothing's stopping anyone from making one and posting a link to it, it would just be nice to have a collection of links rather than searching messages for them.
    David
    "I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered. My life is my own." - Number 6

• cjjjdeck
    cjjjdeck Member, Moderator Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I agree, members posting video links that are truly helpful wouldn't be a problem.    Just no video attachments to a post.  It's easy enough for Moderators to screen them for proper content.  I look for "how to" videos all the time.  I think members would appreciate it.  I could easily add a "HOW TO" VIDEOS announcement thread, just like we do with the "Love your Hurricane? Then show it off......" thread.
    2012 SD237 I/O Mercruiser 5.0L MPI ECT/ Bravo 3
    2012 Load Rite Elite Tandem axle trailer

• 89checkmate
    89checkmate Member Posts: 148 ✭✭✭
    Options
    It would be nice if all manufactures provided more info on the product they sell, I PDI'd a boat a few weeks ago that had a full enclosure, took me an hour to figure out how it went up, there was 6 windows to attach to the Bimini as well as another support bar, zero instructions, often the dealer is just as confused as the buyer, lol.
  • HydroCanis
    Options
    Thanks, yes, I think the How-To Videos thread would be helpful, so long as those of us adding messages with links try to describe what the video addresses in the subject/title.

I agree that it would be nice if MFRs (not just in boating) provided more complete and detailed info. I don't really feel like I fully own something unless/until I have details about how it works. And I'm more likely to be a return customer when I'm treated like I deserve whatever information is available.
    David