Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

Total Length of 21' Boat plus Trailer Help

Options
Ernest_T
Ernest_T Member, Moderator Posts: 269 ✭✭✭
Hey guys, I've got a 217 SD OB that is currently stored at a marina about 1 hour away, along with my trailer.  I'm working on plans for a detached garage to store the boat in.  I need an approximate total length of the boat plus trailer from the tip of the trailer tongue to the tip of the prop when the motor is tipped back some for transport.  

If any of you guys with a 21 - 22 foot boat could give me a total length, I'd appreciate it.  It doesn't have to be exact, I just want to know the absolute maximum length for planning purposes.  

Thanks!
2010 Hurricane 2100 (217) Sun Deck
2008 Yamaha F150 TXR Outboard
2008 Yamaha FX **** Cruiser Waverunner

Comments

• FlyingV5
    FlyingV5 Member Posts: 154 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Ernest T, you will need a 10 X 10 door but go ahead and make it 12' high, and at least another 18" inside overhead clearance for door tracks and opener. Width is whatever you want, leave room to walk / work on one side at least. As for length, plywood comes in 4' sheets, so increase your building length in 4 ft. increments. You will need bare minimum of 32ft., but build it big enough to hold Your Next Boat!
  • 89checkmate
    89checkmate Member Posts: 148 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Yeah 10' wide door would be nice, I only have a 9'x8' door and it's really tight, I got 3" on each side going through the door, 28 ft deep and my 203 O/B fits no problem, lots of room to spare, just wish the door was bigger.
  • Ernest_T
    Ernest_T Member, Moderator Posts: 269 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Hey guys, good info.  I was planning on something like 16' x 40' building, so I would have some room for tools, and other crap.  I'm guessing the boat and trailer would take up something like 27'.  I'd guess that at least a 12' interior height would give me enough room to stand in the boat on the trailer and not have to worry about hitting my head on the ceiling.  If I did a 12' garage door, what would the interior height would need to be 14' or so, I'm guessing.  This project seems to be getting more and more expensive.  

Thanks!
    2010 Hurricane 2100 (217) Sun Deck
    2008 Yamaha F150 TXR Outboard
    2008 Yamaha FX **** Cruiser Waverunner
  • HydroCanis
    HydroCanis Member Posts: 176 ✭✭
    Options
    I agree that I wouldn't go less deep than 32'. 40' sounds great. I think my tongue is particularly long, though. I hope I can say that here.
    David
    2003 Sundeck 217 OB, Yamaha 150 2 Stroke
    "I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered. My life is my own." - Number 6