Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

what is it

1pointofview
1pointofview Member Posts: 74 ✭✭

ok, question. behind the instrument panel, connected to what looks to be the stearing wheel assembly, there is a grey hose that looks to be some sort of pressure valve(I am guessing) that is coming off the side of the steering unit.  What I am assuming is happening, is this hose may have water that comes out of it.  The problem, it that is the case is, the hose is about 6 inches short of a plywood wall that looks to be somethign that protects from splash. But since the hose is too short, I think water is splashing on the wall and getting all over the electronics.  I have already had to replace a radio at this point but I am trying to figure out why things are getting damp under the console. 

2013 Hurricane SS188
115 Yam
Magic Tilt Trailer
Hotty Toddy

Comments

• aspazatak
    aspazatak Member Posts: 1
    Are you sure it isn't the speedometer hose?
  • Ernest_T
    Ernest_T Member, Moderator Posts: 269 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2015
    If its water, I'm with aspazatak that it is probably your speedometer hose.  There should be no water inside the steering unit............only hydraulic fluid.  My speedometer hose came off and did the same thing spewing water all over the inside of the panel.  When I put it back on I secured it with a zip tie.
    2010 Hurricane 2100 (217) Sun Deck
    2008 Yamaha F150 TXR Outboard
    2008 Yamaha FX **** Cruiser Waverunner
  • 1pointofview
    It might be the speedometer hose as you say.  the speedometer uses water presser correct?  So does water come out of the hose constantly or just as back pressure or something? 
    2013 Hurricane SS188
    115 Yam
    Magic Tilt Trailer
    Hotty Toddy
  • Ernest_T
    Ernest_T Member, Moderator Posts: 269 ✭✭✭
    It might be the speedometer hose as you say.  the speedometer uses water presser correct?  So does water come out of the hose constantly or just as back pressure or something? 
    The speedometer works off the water pressure coming through the hose that comes from the pilot tube on your boat (or inside your outboard if you have an outboard).  The faster you go the more water pressure, so there would be a small leak at low speed and more water leaking at higher speeds.
    2010 Hurricane 2100 (217) Sun Deck
    2008 Yamaha F150 TXR Outboard
    2008 Yamaha FX **** Cruiser Waverunner
  • 1pointofview
    then I assume this is the issue.  The tube is about 6 inches short of a wall inside the console.  so depending on the speed, I bet water is splashing on the wall and getting everything wet.  I will get a piece of tubing and clamp on it in order to move the water to the other side of the wall.  thanks
    2013 Hurricane SS188
    115 Yam
    Magic Tilt Trailer
    Hotty Toddy