Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

Ski locker door Broken

Options
jim40
jim40 Member Posts: 12
just bought boat used. Fwd ski locker door is cracked like a broken windshield need new one. local dealer said it was unavailable need help hull ID number is GDYH4166L708 thanks

Comments

• cjjjdeck
    cjjjdeck Member, Moderator Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Unfortunately, the ski locker on your year model is different from the current year and unavailable from Hurricane.  You can find a reputable boat repair facility in your area (the local dealer should know one to recommend) to fabricate a new one, or if you're handy, fabricate one yourself.  King Starboard is an excellent marine grade high density polyethylene board material available in a variety of sizes and thicknesses that is a good choice of replacement material.  You use the same tools you would use for working with wood and reuse the existing hardware.  Here's a link to one source for the material:

http://www.jamestowndistributors.com/userportal/search_subCategory.do?categoryName=StarBoard+Plastic+Supplies&category=599&page=GRID

2012 SD237 I/O Mercruiser 5.0L MPI ECT/ Bravo 3
    2012 Load Rite Elite Tandem axle trailer

• Gmood
    Gmood Member Posts: 2
    Options
    I had the same issue so I took my broken door to a marine plastic fabricator here in south  Florida. He made an identical door with 7/8 starboard and the exact diamond shape anti slip surface. So much better than the original. If you need a name let me know. You can mail your part to them and they will duplicate it. I've had mine for 2 years now.
  • jim40
    Options
    Pass on info thanks
  • jim40
    Options
    Took it to a local shop I'll let you know how it turns out
  • Boatercraig
    Boatercraig Member Posts: 2
    Options
    I also require a ski locker door for my 2007 GS 202. Boat is up north & I am in Florida without the measurements & would prefer to obtain in Florida. Can anyone help with size? I plan to have made from starboard. 
  • jim40
    Options
    Local shop gave up.  Went to local dealer match it up with new boat and ordered one. I think it will work I keep you updated
  • jim40
    Options
    New door fit perfect it's a lot heavier and the color is a brighter white than my boat may just be sun yellowed
  • Gmood
    Gmood Member Posts: 2
    Options
    Jim40, sorry for the late reply and  I see that you found a door but if anyone else needs the info I had mine made at Cesany Plastics in Oakland Park Florida. Their website is yatchwindows.com. I'm not sure why they have 2 names but they did an excellent job and they were cheap. Another local shop asked me for double the price and gave me excuses why it would not be a perfect match. I walked out of there quickly. I hope this helps. BTW it was cut from Starboard.
  • dsbunton646
    dsbunton646 Member Posts: 3
    Options
    jim40 said:
    New door fit perfect it's a lot heavier and the color is a brighter white than my boat may just be sun yellowed

What year is you boat and what year model was the replacement?. I need a replacement for my 2008 sundeck 2000 asap. Any ideas?

• Joe78413
    Joe78413 Member Posts: 4
    Options
    I live in Corpus Christi, TX. I have a  FD GS  OB GDYL456813808. I also looking  for the ski locker door, Is this one still available from the factory or do I need to find a local dealer as well? Does anyone have a local dealer in Corpus they have used?
  • Joe78413
    Options
    Joe78413 said:
    I live in Corpus Christi, TX. I have a  FD GS  OB GDYL456813808. I also looking  for the ski locker door, Is this one still available from the factory or do I need to find a local dealer as well? Does anyone have a local dealer in Corpus they have used?

2008 GS FD 202 OB
  • Joe78413
    Options
    Joe78413 said:
    Joe78413 said:
    I live in Corpus Christi, TX. I have a  FD GS 202 OB GDYL456813808. I also looking  for the ski locker door, Is this one still available from the factory or do I need to find a local dealer as well? Does anyone have a local dealer in Corpus they have used?

2008 GS FD 202 OB

• cjjjdeck
    cjjjdeck Member, Moderator Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Just found out that the ski locker door for your boat is available from Hurricane.  You can order it from any Hurricane dealer.  The part number is 168438

As an FYI to all the members, it looks like Hurricane has "most" model ski locker doors back to 2004.
    2012 SD237 I/O Mercruiser 5.0L MPI ECT/ Bravo 3
    2012 Load Rite Elite Tandem axle trailer