Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

Swim Platforms

Options
docsteve
docsteve Member Posts: 4
I have a 196FD and would like to install a swim platform.  I would like to find one similar to what I had on my Scout as in the attached pic.  

Is anyone aware of similar type of platform that will fit on a fun deck?

Comments

• nquirk
    nquirk Member, Moderator Posts: 672 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Here a sample of some of the aftermarkets made for transom installation on most boats.

http://www.overtons.com/Boating-Marine/Ladders-Swim-Platforms/Swim-Platforms
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2010 Hurricane SS 188 OB
    2010 Mercury Optimax 200HP / Mercury SS High Five 19P
    2010 Trailmaster SC trailer
  • cjjjdeck
    cjjjdeck Member, Moderator Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That's a nice looking swim platform.  Most of the ones available from Marine re-sellers are made of tubular aluminum or stainless steel and a wood or polymer platform.  The one you show looks like it's made from fiberglass.  If you want another one like that, you probably will have to go to a custom shop to get it made.
    2012 SD237 I/O Mercruiser 5.0L MPI ECT/ Bravo 3
    2012 Load Rite Elite Tandem axle trailer

• docsteve
    Options
    Thanks cjjjdeck.  It was a fiberglass one that was an option for scout boats.  Found out that scout sells them.  Just need to determine if the angle of the transom are similar for a good fit.  As you noted, I couldnt find one like that from the re-sellers.
  • cjjjdeck
    Options
    I wouldn't be surprised if a good fiberglass boat hull repair shop could make that work for you.  You might print out the picture, bring it to them and talk to them about the possibility.  If you do get it done, please post some pictures of the install!  That would look awesome.

• docsteve
    Options
    Update:  I found a metal fab shop in florida that make aluminum swim platforms and had one custom made for the FD 197.  We like it!!!
  • cjjjdeck
    Options
    Awesome design!  It looks very sturdy. 

Thanks for the update and posting pics!