Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

Bilge pump operation

2003 GS211, Mayfair (Johnson) 1000GPH bilge pump with Mayfair auto float switch. 
Pump runs continuously with Bilge switch ON at helm, as designed.
My question just to be sure.... With ALL switches off at helm, including Master and Access, should the pump turn ON if bilge fills with water OR if I simply flip the tab on side of float switch up? If it does NOT then it's most likely in-line fuse direct to Batt or bad float switch, correct?

Comments

• Ernest_T
    Ernest_T Member, Moderator Posts: 269 ✭✭✭
    I believe that you are correct, at least that is how it works on my boat.  If it works when you flip the manual switch, but not otherwise, it must be a bad float switch.
    2010 Hurricane 2100 (217) Sun Deck
    2008 Yamaha F150 TXR Outboard
    2008 Yamaha FX **** Cruiser Waverunner
  • nquirk
    nquirk Member, Moderator Posts: 672 ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2014
    That is exactly how it works.  

There should be 3 wires.  1 for ground, 1 for the helm switch, 1 for the battery.

If it fails to work there is an inline fuse (usually a 4A or 5A fuse) in a waterproof holder directly connected to the battery positive terminal.

If its fine, then the float switch itself could be faulty.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2010 Hurricane SS 188 OB
    2010 Mercury Optimax 200HP / Mercury SS High Five 19P
    2010 Trailmaster SC trailer