Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

factory Bimini top and snap cover problems

thedugans
thedugans Member Posts: 1
I have a 2012 hurricane. I am the original owner and take very good care of my boat. The factory bimini canvass top and the snap cover top that came with the boat have both literally disintegrated and are unusable from no unusual wear.  I am hoping that the factory warranty will cover them! But, it doesn't look promising! From what I have been told, the material hurricane is using in these covers are crappy material and do not have a long life at all! Many hurricane owners I have talked to are not happy with the material used in these covers and have had to replace them only after a year or two of use! These repairs are very costly and should not be occurring so frequently to factory provided accessories. What is hurricane's warranty policy on these bimini covers and snap covers?

Comments

• cjjjdeck
    cjjjdeck Member, Moderator Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭
    I believe that the carpeting, the canopy fabric and furniture upholstery are covered for 5 years.  You should contact your dealer and discuss it with them.
    2012 SD237 I/O Mercruiser 5.0L MPI ECT/ Bravo 3
    2012 Load Rite Elite Tandem axle trailer

• cjjjdeck
    Just an FYI for everyone on the forum, the factory warranty only covers the original owner.  Only the motor and drive warranty usually transfers to a subsequent owner.

• cjjjdeck
    Just got a confirmation.  The bimini top has 5 year coverage, the playpen cover has one year coverage.