Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

electrical issue

Options
I have a 2012 fun deck, The lights turn on (with master on), last for 1-2 minutes and go out. Failure is accompanied by a loud clicking coming from under the consul. If I turn off the master wait a minute and turn it back on I get another 1-2 minutes of light. Sounds like a bad relay. Where is it and how do i access it. Thanks, Bob

Comments

• FlyingV5
    FlyingV5 Member Posts: 154 ✭✭✭
    Options
    I think you're on the right track, hodapp. If your '12 FD is wired like mine, there are two power relays tied up with the harness behind the instrument panel. One for each side of the console. Typical source for power failures. They are standard Bosch type automotive relays. If you replace them, be sure all the connectors are clean and coated with silicone grease, and hang the relays so they will not accumulate water (terminals down). There are several posts on this topic if you want to search.