Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

Freeboard Question?

Options
Gar64
Gar64 Member Posts: 3
I am currently looking at Hurricane models SS 201 and SS 203. I will be exclusively on lakes in  TN. I know there is a difference in deadrise between the models, but I can't find difference in freeboard at the bow. Can anyone help me? 
Thanks
Gary

Comments

• Gar64
    Options
    The dealer sort of answered my question. He says the nose is noticeably higher on the SS 203. I understand this new hull will give me a better rough water ride, but I am afraid it is at the expense of ease of entry when beached or just floating around. At the dock as well.

Gary
  • 89checkmate
    89checkmate Member Posts: 148 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2014
    Options
    The 203 is hard to get onto at the beach, only way is to use the ladder,  something I never thought about when we ordered it, wife was less than pleased the first time we went out but the ride makes up for it, it sits really high, never get wet from the waves and floats in very little water, here's a pic at the beach with the ladder down, the rear ladder is very easy to get up in deep water and it's easy to get on the back at a dock.
  • Gar64
    Options
    Thanks Checkmate, that's the answer I was looking for, expecting. I have a salesman pushing the 203 for its better ride and ability to handle rougher water. I'm retired and have the luxury of being able to pick the days I want to go out. I'm thinking that beachside ingress and egress will be important, especially at my age. 
    I sure do like the looks of your boat though. I've read some of your earlier posts. Have you had a chance to work on it?

Gary
  • 89checkmate
    89checkmate Member Posts: 148 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Thanks, I haven't done much to the set up yet, I decided against putting the jackplate on after driving it a few times, it's not worth it for the little gain you might get, 52.7 is the best I've seen on GPS with a full tank, still got around 47 with 6 adults and 43 with 7 adults and 4 kids onboard, that's with the 20p Enertia, I've got a 19p Enertia eco on order but I probably won't get to try it before winter, it's getting cold up here unfortunately.