Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

Where can I find a trailerable cover for my 2014 SS 201 that takes into consideration the bimini top

RedRaider
RedRaider Member Posts: 1
Where can I find a trailerable cover for my 2014 SS 201 that takes into consideration the bimini top? Do I need to buy a cover and then have holes cut where bimini attaches to boat?

Answers

• cjjjdeck
    cjjjdeck Member, Moderator Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭
    Although I know they cost more than buying a store bought cover, if it were me, I would go to a marine upholstery shop.  The quality is usually better, the fit will be perfect and they will make the cover exactly the way you want it.  If you have them make it with snaps located where your current mooring cover fits and add tie-down loops, you'll have a backup mooring cover as well.
    2012 SD237 I/O Mercruiser 5.0L MPI ECT/ Bravo 3
    2012 Load Rite Elite Tandem axle trailer

• jbodollo
    jbodollo Member Posts: 9 ✭✭
    edited September 2014
    I had this one made for my  2013 SD 187 . Had the same problem with the Bimini and ski pole. Worth the money to protect your investment. Picture below .
  • nquirk
    nquirk Member, Moderator Posts: 672 ✭✭✭✭
    @jbodollo there are no attachments.  Can you repost those pics again?
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2010 Hurricane SS 188 OB
    2010 Mercury Optimax 200HP / Mercury SS High Five 19P
    2010 Trailmaster SC trailer
  • jbodollo
    jbodollo Member Posts: 9 ✭✭
    Sorry about the pic of the cover.  I hope this worked. 
  • cjjjdeck
    It worked,  and the cover looks great!

• dolfan1967
    dolfan1967 Member Posts: 19 ✭✭
    Red Raider, I purchased a WindStorm cover for my SD2200 DC OB and became very upset when I found out the bimini frame would have to removed in order to put on the cover.

Here is what $280 in professional alterations looks like.

2013 SD 2200 DC
    Yamaha 150 four-stroke
    Lowrance Elite-4 HDI
    Bow Cushion
    WindStorm trailering cover (tailored for bimini frame)
    Venture Tandem Bunk Trailer
  • cjjjdeck
    So you bought a cover and had it altered.  It looks like they did a great job!

• RedRaider
    RedRaider Member Posts: 1
    Thanks for all the submissions. Yes, this is very helpful and will be the direction I will go. Just a bit surprised that Hurricane doesn't take advantage of the accessories market by offering custom fitted covers for their line of boats.