Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

Engine Hour Meter

Options
HydroCanis
HydroCanis Member Posts: 176 ✭✭

I don't have the digital Yamaha instrument to go along with my OB, just some analog gauges and a couple of idiot lights, and no hour meter (unless it's well hidden under the cowling!). Has anyone added a simple hour meter and have any recommendations? I'd just like to keep up with usage, more or less, without have to guesstimate all the time. I saw one advertised that was battery powered and had an inductive pickup for a spark plug wire. That would be fine, as long as it has nonvolatile memory (I don't know).

David
2003 Sundeck 217 OB, Yamaha 150 2 Stroke
"I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered. My life is my own." - Number 6

Comments

• nquirk
    nquirk Member, Moderator Posts: 672 ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@HydroCanis, you should have a Faria brand tach on your boat which in most cases has a digital hour meter on it.  

Also, Yamaha makes a digital hour meter (you'd need to speak to a Yamaha dealer) to get the specifics of the one that will work with your engine and the connection point.  These are typically $60-80 when you search online.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2010 Hurricane SS 188 OB
    2010 Mercury Optimax 200HP / Mercury SS High Five 19P
    2010 Trailmaster SC trailer
  • HydroCanis
    HydroCanis Member Posts: 176 ✭✭
    Options

Thanks. Nope, my tach doesn't have an hour meter, unless it's only visible from the back :smile: I'll look for that Yaha matching unit.

David
    2003 Sundeck 217 OB, Yamaha 150 2 Stroke
    "I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered. My life is my own." - Number 6

• DonTo
    DonTo Member Posts: 1
    Options
    how about an hour meter for the Evinrude 150?