Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

auto bilge pump

abbeyy
abbeyy Member Posts: 4

I have dual batteries and the dealer said to turn the battery switch off when not using. also to turn master switch on console off. (1) will the auto bilge pump still work? The reason I asked, is that when I turn the bilge pump on the console on after a week or so, it pumps a lot of water out from the bilge. It seems to me that with every thing off the auto bilge pump won't work. Am I doing something wrong?

Answers

• cjjjdeck
    cjjjdeck Member, Moderator Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭

The bilge pump is usually connected direct to the battery, which turns on by the float switch.  The helm switch by-passes the float switch and just runs the bilge pump regardless of the water level.  The best way to find out if the float switch is working with the battery switch and master switch turned off is to test it.  Turn off both switches, then get a bucket and start pouring in water.  The pump should start running when the water level goes about an inch or so over the float switch.  If it doesn't come on you may have a faulty or clogged float switch.

2012 SD237 I/O Mercruiser 5.0L MPI ECT/ Bravo 3
    2012 Load Rite Elite Tandem axle trailer

• bowens124
    bowens124 Member Posts: 6
    could the in line fuse be the problem with the float switch
  • 89checkmate
    89checkmate Member Posts: 148 ✭✭✭
    How long does it pump water out after flipped on? Takes quite a bit of water to trigger the float switch, mine still works with the batteries off.