Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

factory horn issues

HydroCanis
HydroCanis Member Posts: 176 ✭✭

My presumably-11-year-old wimpy factory horn was working fine until a week ago. I took it off and tested it with a 12V/3A power supply and the horn itself works. So I tested the voltage on the wires feeding it, and there's less than 7 volts (seems to drift between the low 5s and 6.7V). Meanwhile, the cigarette plug on the dash was showing 12.75V. I don't know whether to suspect the switch button, the breaker, the source to the switch, or what. Thoughts? I hope I can get to whatever from below the dash and not have to crawl behind it.

David
2003 Sundeck 217 OB, Yamaha 150 2 Stroke
"I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered. My life is my own." - Number 6

Comments

• nquirk
    nquirk Member, Moderator Posts: 672 ✭✭✭✭
    Quick way to check is to get two wires to use as temporary 'jumper wires'.  Remove the 2 wires on the back of the horn, attach the 2 jumper wires and connect them to an unused ACC switch.  If it works, its the switch.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2010 Hurricane SS 188 OB
    2010 Mercury Optimax 200HP / Mercury SS High Five 19P
    2010 Trailmaster SC trailer