Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

No Instruments

Options

I have just purchased a 2003 Hurricane 226R with a 4 stroke 115HP Yamaha outboard.  None of the instruments work.  I have some wiring diagrams from the previous owner but nothing that shows how the gauges are wired.  I have removed the instrument panel and I do not have 12V to the gauges.  Tracing the red and black power wires back it looks like they are together in a single harness that comes out at the motor.  These red and black wires hit a connector in the engine and following that looks like they go to the tilt trim switch.  I am pretty sure I lost the wires in there somewhere as I don't think this is correct.  I would expect the instruments panel would get power from the ignition switch but I haven't found any connection.

Does anybody have instrument and motor wiring diagrams for this boat or something close? I was really expecting to find a loose  or corroded connection between the gauges and  ignition but I cant find any wires from the gauges to the ignition.

Comments

• remrun
    remrun Member Posts: 2
    Options

I found the power problem. Someone had removed a gauge in the past and when they disconnected the wires they left the power wired disconnected.  The wires I traced all the way back to the engine was for the tilt.

• cjjjdeck
    cjjjdeck Member, Moderator Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I have the wiring diagrams for you boat.  I'm sending you a Personal Message.  Watch for the notification located by your avatar.  The globe and letter symbols will show a red "1".  Open the message so I can send them to you.

2012 SD237 I/O Mercruiser 5.0L MPI ECT/ Bravo 3
    2012 Load Rite Elite Tandem axle trailer