Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

Master Power Switch

Options

I have a Master Power Switch on my 12 gang panel. Do I need to turn this on all the time ? I noticed my switches operate without it being on. Does anyone know how this works or if it is needed to operate the boat ??? CONFUSED AGAIN.

Comments

• cjjjdeck
    cjjjdeck Member, Moderator Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭
    Options

None of my other switches operate (except the horn button) unless the Master Switch is activated first.  Something is not wired correctly on your helm panel.

2012 SD237 I/O Mercruiser 5.0L MPI ECT/ Bravo 3
    2012 Load Rite Elite Tandem axle trailer

• nprcoolcop380
    nprcoolcop380 Member Posts: 68 ✭✭
    Options
  • Ernest_T
    Ernest_T Member, Moderator Posts: 269 ✭✭✭
    Options
    cjjjdeck said:

None of my other switches operate (except the horn button) unless the Master Switch is activated first.  Something is not wired correctly on your helm panel.

+1 same on my boat.

2010 Hurricane 2100 (217) Sun Deck
    2008 Yamaha F150 TXR Outboard
    2008 Yamaha FX **** Cruiser Waverunner
  • rtforbes
    rtforbes Member Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Options
    I have the same problem. Did anyone find an answer?
  • topcat
    topcat Member Posts: 13 ✭✭
    Options
    I have the same problem on my 2013 2200DC , master power switch does not shut anything off. Everything remains powered if the master power switch is either on or off...any technical help from the hurricane engineers appreciated.  Is this how these Carling technologies V1D1 rocker switches are designed to fail?  I actually replaced the switch about a year ago because the actuator (cover) broke off so I know it was working properly then.  I didn't know at the time I could just buy a replacement cover instead of the entire switch from places like rockerswitchprosdotcom
  • topcat
    topcat Member Posts: 13 ✭✭
    Options
    I checked  the Carling technologies V1D1rocker switch and it operates correctly also checked the grounds all ok.  So something else changed to causes this symptom.  looking at the Master Power switch V1D1 and the bottom left #3 is Positive (out) directly above it #2 Positive (in) and top right of the switch #7 Negative wire connections.   When the switch is off (open) the positive (in) voltage on spade connector # 2 purple wire is not connected to Positive (out) #3.  The only positive wires running to other rockers is one to the accessories rocker, so the only thing the Master power controls is power to the Accessories rocker....and the accessories only controls one component.  I have not rewired my panel and this all worked previously.  Can Hurricane provide some electrical schematics for a 2013 Hurricane SD 2200DC so I can see how it is supposed to be wired.