Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

Bildge Pump breaker problem

Options

We were on the lake last weekend and I noticed my breaker was popped out.  I tried resetting it but it won't.  Every other breaker has an amperage stamped on the button, but the one for the bildge does not.  It will run on auto.  I have wiggled wires and poked around but still cannot reset it.  I haven't had a chance to recheck yet, but any ideas?

Comments

• nquirk
    nquirk Member, Moderator Posts: 672 ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@redngreedy.  If the pump operates properly on AUTO, but the breaker pops, you most likely have 1 of 2 problems.

A faulty breaker or a short in line.  If I remember correctly the AUTO power source to those bilge pumps is a 4A fuse, so to test, you could connect the switch for the bilge pump to an adjacent 5A fuse and test.

Does it flip even with the switch off?  If so, you've got a short in the wire inline.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2010 Hurricane SS 188 OB
    2010 Mercury Optimax 200HP / Mercury SS High Five 19P
    2010 Trailmaster SC trailer
  • redngreedy
    redngreedy Member Posts: 23 ✭✭
    Options

I cannot reset it with the switch off or on.  The switch will light up when the pump comes on automatically.  

If it's not raining when I get home I will try a breaker beside it.  I'm leaing towards a fautly breaker, hopefully I'm right.

Thanks for the response @nquirk!

• nquirk
    Options

Sounds like a breaker..... Keep us posted.  

2010 Hurricane SS 188 OB
  • redngreedy
    redngreedy Member Posts: 23 ✭✭
    Options
    Problem semi solved. It is indeed the breaker. The one I orders will not fit the factory hole and I'm debating to drill it out a bit.  I know it will be ok, might see if I can find the smaller one. 

• nquirk
    Options

@redngreedy.  Ultimately it's your decision.  If it were me, I'd get the proper one via the dealer or online.  In the meantime, I'd simply hook up the breaker in behind the helm until I had the proper sized breaker.

I only say this is you can make any hole bigger, but much more difficult to make it smaller and in the future, if you need to change breakers again, the hole you cut now may be too large.

Just my 2 cents but glad you found the problem.

2010 Hurricane SS 188 OB