Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

2006 FD 218 front bench removal

Options
tackhouse1
tackhouse1 Member Posts: 13

Question,  I have a 2006 FD 218.  It came from the factory with only two speakers (in the rear).  I was told by others on the forum that the wiring for the front two speakers exists, and found the wiring for one under the front drivers side bench.  Looking under the front passengers bench, I cannot find the wire.  I'm pretty positive it's there, but may be below the deck.  My thought is to remove the front bench seat, and try to find the wiring.

Does anyone have an experience removing the front bench?  It looks like it may just be attached with a 4-5 large screws into the floor and 4-5 from the railing into the side of it. 

Nick

Comments

• tackhouse1
    tackhouse1 Member Posts: 13
    Options
  • nquirk
    nquirk Member, Moderator Posts: 672 ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@tackhouse1 I think you've got the right idea.  Removing the screws to detach from the railing and floor should give you access.  I haven't been around the FD's much beyond a 2002 FD226 but I suspect there will possibly be a entry point from the deck where the cable would be routed to see if its either there, or below deck in that area.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2010 Hurricane SS 188 OB
    2010 Mercury Optimax 200HP / Mercury SS High Five 19P
    2010 Trailmaster SC trailer
  • cjjjdeck
    cjjjdeck Member, Moderator Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Just got a confirmation (holiday weekend prevented me to reply sooner) that they are standard screws going into both surfaces, not through bolted.

2012 SD237 I/O Mercruiser 5.0L MPI ECT/ Bravo 3
    2012 Load Rite Elite Tandem axle trailer