Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

GS 211 Center Console - switch labeling ??

Options
dgmeadows
dgmeadows Member Posts: 2
Hi folks, new to the forum. Just bought a 2003 GS 211 center console.  First owner obviously left it baking in the sun as the side stickers are peeling off and the labels on the console switches are mostly gone.  Side stickers I can get replaced, however I cannot find a guide to tell me what all of the switches are for.  Seller gave me enough information to use the boat the first weekend, but I would like to know what each switch is for and try to re-label them.

Mine is a 2003, but I assume the switch locations probably did not change much year to year.

Thanks,

Darren

Comments

• RuddsRetreat
    RuddsRetreat Member Posts: 55 ✭✭
    Options

Darren I also just bought a 2003 GS 211.  I do have pictures of instrument panel on my phone. send me your cell phone number in my inbox and I can send them over to you.  What color is yours?  Mine has the beige stripe.

Kevin

• RuddsRetreat
    RuddsRetreat Member Posts: 55 ✭✭
    Options

Darrin, I manage to send my phone pics to my computer.  Let me know if they help you out or if you need another.  post a picture of your boat.

Kev

• dgmeadows
    dgmeadows Member Posts: 2
    Options

Thanks Kev - I must not have notifications set up properly on the forum, so I did not know you posted.  This is very helpful.  My 211 is identical to yours in color scheme, except not as nicely maintained.  My seller had redone the interior, so my vinyl looks new, and the interior deck looks good, however the first owner left it baking in the sun and the trim stripes are all cracking and peeling, and my gelcoat does not have the nice sheen.  I was a little disappointed in the exterior cosmetic condition when I went to check out the boat, but when the compression test on the 200HPDI Yamaha showed ~110 compression on all 6 cylinders, and the seller accepted my well below NADA offer, I figured I was still getting a pretty good deal, and can afford to spend a little money prettying her up.  I plan to take it to our local fiberglass guru to have a couple eggshell cracks fixed up, a good cleaning and waxing and maybe replace the stripes towards the end of the summer.  We are having too much fun using it right now to give her up for a weekend. 

• cjjjdeck
    cjjjdeck Member, Moderator Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Speaking of dull gelcoat, I just happened upon this product while I was trying to find a teak cleaner product for my table on my deck.  I thought it looked interesting:

http://www.marinestore.com/Vertglas.html?cart=348706178949234#mskits

I did buy their teak cleaning/protector kit.

2012 SD237 I/O Mercruiser 5.0L MPI ECT/ Bravo 3
    2012 Load Rite Elite Tandem axle trailer