Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

freshwater/sink pump

HydroCanis
HydroCanis Member Posts: 176 ✭✭
Apologies for appending to a year-old thread elsewhere before I re-read the rules.

After reading other threads, I'm still looking for my freshwater/sink pump.

Recently acquired a 2003 SD217. Looking through the starboard side transom access hole, I see the side of the water tank and the aluminum bracket holding it down, and a little part of a clear vinyl-with-colorful-braiding hose. Looking through the space beneath the inboard flip-door storage container (I suppose it would optionally be a cooler on newer boats) just forward of the starboard stern step-through, I see the water tank and the same clear hose connected to it, running from it forward, beneath the under-sink storage compartment. No pump in sight. In the under-sink storage compartment, I see the same type hose leading in from somewhere forward. Could the pump be behind the screw-on cupholder panel below the throttle control? I'd rather not loosen those screws without good reason to, for fear they won't remain tight afterward. I did see one old comment about the pump being "behind the Captain's chair". I took that to mean to the rear, but perhaps it meant beside.

Thanks,
David
David
2003 Sundeck 217 OB, Yamaha 150 2 Stroke
"I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered. My life is my own." - Number 6

Comments

• Ernest_T
    Ernest_T Member, Moderator Posts: 269 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2014
    Open the in-deck storage compartment that is directly behind the captain's chair, right where you step into the boat.  Remove the plastic bin in this compartment, and you should be able to see and access the pump.  

2010 Hurricane 2100 (217) Sun Deck
    2008 Yamaha F150 TXR Outboard
    2008 Yamaha FX **** Cruiser Waverunner
  • cjjjdeck
    cjjjdeck Member, Moderator Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭
    Ernest T is correct.  The pump is accessed through removal of the plastic bin (trash bin) in the rear starboard compartment.

Attached is a picture that Hurricane sent me of you model boat.
    2012 SD237 I/O Mercruiser 5.0L MPI ECT/ Bravo 3
    2012 Load Rite Elite Tandem axle trailer

• HydroCanis
    HydroCanis Member Posts: 176 ✭✭
    Sorry I got this into two threads! I didn't look closely enough, apparently, to realize that the thing that looked like just a rubber-lined piece of PVC was in fact the pump. It's getting juice but doesn't work so I ordered a replacement. Thanks for the assistance!
    David
    2003 Sundeck 217 OB, Yamaha 150 2 Stroke
    "I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered. My life is my own." - Number 6