Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

Trailer Bunk Fitment Question

Options
SouthernWind
SouthernWind Member Posts: 1

Just got my new SS201 a few weeks ago! First time poster. I'm sure I'll have a lot of questions so thanks in advance for the information you guys give on the boards.

The dealer matched a Venture VATB-4225 to my boat. The trailer has two lengthwise bunks in the rear and a V shaped bunk that goes across a bit in front of the others. The boat sets on the rear two bunks fine but when I winch it up on the bow stop the hull doesn't rest on the front V shaped bunk. Is that an issue? Should the dealer have adjusted that bunk to fit my boat better?

Thanks for your help!

Comments

• nquirk
    nquirk Member, Moderator Posts: 672 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If there is a forward set of bunks that are adjustable, then absolutely you should have them adjusted up to support the bow.  However, since these boat trailers are not truly universal, from time to time there may be parts unusable.  If the bunks are long enough and supporting the bulk of the boat, you should be fine but hard to tell without pictures as to whether or not enough of the hull is being supported.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2010 Hurricane SS 188 OB
    2010 Mercury Optimax 200HP / Mercury SS High Five 19P
    2010 Trailmaster SC trailer
  • tom8909
    tom8909 Member Posts: 11
    Options
    I have the same boat and trailer! I will take the boat out of the water this weekend.
    I don't think keel has to be on the upper bunk. Can you tell me what is the spacing and height of your rear bunks?