Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

location of fuses

I have a 2012 188 ob fundeck and can't locate fuses.

Comments

• nquirk
    nquirk Member, Moderator Posts: 672 ✭✭✭✭
    You don't have any fuses on your boat (for most things)  Under each switch is a small button with a number indicating the amperage of the circuit breaker for each circuit.  This way, if you trip it, you can reset it and be underway (pending no problems)

There are still a few fuses (like the one for the constant power to the float switch of your bilge pump) but for the SS188, its all breakers.

Hope this helps.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2010 Hurricane SS 188 OB
    2010 Mercury Optimax 200HP / Mercury SS High Five 19P
    2010 Trailmaster SC trailer
  • jwhamblet
    jwhamblet Member Posts: 2
    Thanks. The manual isn't much help.
  • gbarboza
    gbarboza Member Posts: 3 ✭✭
    I have fuses on my 2007 Hurricane FD226RE and it has fuses. I am chasing down an electrical problem right now. I have engine start power and tilt/trim. Everything else is dead. All accessories, gauges, lights depth finding.....everything.  Replaced the relay. Nothing!! Will report on final solution.  Any ideas?
  • gbarboza
    gbarboza Member Posts: 3 ✭✭
    gbarboza again
    replaced two 30 amp fuses and one 5 amp (all that I could find in the battery compartment) nothing changed.  Everything still out. Replaced relay under the helm. Nothing changed. Are there breakers and where are they.
  • Gunnar
    Gunnar Member Posts: 1
    gbarboza, my hurricane is doing the exact same thing.  Can you share how you fixed it?    My boat fires right up and runs fine,  but the master won't turn on any accessories.   Horn doesn't work either.
  • Jeronimo21
    Jeronimo21 Member Posts: 38 ✭✭
    any update on these issues guys?
    1999 Hurricane Fundeck 226  (Sold)
    2008 Hurricane Fundeck GS202 (Sold)
    2023 Sundeck 2400 OB  (Current)
  • JWG
    JWG Member Posts: 1
    I am in the same "boat".  This past weekend start/trim/tach/mph all work.  Nothing else.  All battery connections seem fine.  I believe there are in-line fuses in some of the battery lines - was going to check.   Anyone have update on the above?

2003 Sundeck 217
    Yamaha 225
    2017 Venture Trailer
  • raptorg007
    raptorg007 Member Posts: 3
    Any fix for this. Same
    issues. Relay didn’t fix
    it. 
  • clinton1
    clinton1 Member Posts: 1
    Old thread but here’s my fix.  I had a corroded fuse in the PED fuse connector coming off the battery.