Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

Propeller data

Options
FlyingV5
FlyingV5 Member Posts: 154 ✭✭✭
In case it might be of use or interest to others, I offer my own results in a recent prop swap. Boat is a 2012 FD196OB w/ 115hp Yamaha 4stroke. All speeds are from dash instrument.
Original prop was aluminum 3 blade 13 1/4 x 17K. Top speed on smooth water with a light boat 41 1/2mph @ 6100rpm
Original prop with one bent blade   38mph @ 6200rpm, engine over revving
Power Tech Marine # RXB4R16PYM90 (4blade SS 13 x 16) Top speed "   "   "   35mph @ 4800rpm    (too much prop)
"    "    "    "  "     "  # RXB4R15PYM90  13 x 15                  Top speed  "       "  36 1/2 mph @ 5500 rpm  (need to find 500 more rpm)
"    "      "   "    "     # RXB4R14PYM90  13 x 14                   Top speed  "      "   38 mph @ 6000rpm     (Bingo!)
The boat now pulls better at all speeds, comes up onto plane quicker and maintains a more level attitude while accelerating. No more pointing at the sky while plowing along trying to get on plane, it just jumps up. The slight drop in top speed was expected and the trade-off is well worth it.Prop selector formula predicted the 15 pitch to be correct using a weight factor of 4500lb. I thought maybe that was too heavy so I tried the 16 pitch first. Sort of expected to swap it for a 15, but the 14 was a surprise. The proof is in the pudding. Looking forward to towing the tube!
Aside from that, everyone I dealt with at Power Tech and Ace Propeller were extremely knowledgeable and helpful.

Comments

• cjjjdeck
    cjjjdeck Member, Moderator Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Awesome post FlyingV5!  Now owners can really see the difference in performance between propellers and their effect.
    2012 SD237 I/O Mercruiser 5.0L MPI ECT/ Bravo 3
    2012 Load Rite Elite Tandem axle trailer