Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

Carpet for the 2011 Fundeck 216 OB

I'm considering adding carpet to my 2011 Fundeck 216.  I have the snaps already installed on the deck.  What's the consensus? 
  • Are there boaters out there who have carpet and have removed it? 
  • Does the carpet in your boat make boating that much better?
Can anyone give me an idea on where to purchase carpet for specifically my model Fundeck?

Best Answers

• bshippjr
    bshippjr Member Posts: 116 ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    I am on the other side.  Both Hurricanes that we have owned came with carpet that never got used.  One major reason is that our boat is kept covered, in a covered slip at a marina.  Wet carpeting would cause all sorts of mold/mildew issues.  While I personally wear Teva water shoes, we have never had any questions/complaints about not having carpet, even from folks who have carpet on their boats.  The non-skid surface works fine for us.

My suggestion would be to try it without carpet for awhile.  Then if you decide you want it, order it.  I suspect you would need to order from a dealer.    
    2000 Hurricane SD 217 OB

Answers

• mwjustinger
    mwjustinger Member Posts: 11
    bshippjr:  I agree with your post.  I expect to keep my boat covered at the marina. I'll go through my first boating season without a carpet and see how that goes.  I can always order it NEXT year if the non-skid surface starts to bug me.

Thanks!