Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

Setting up Bunk Boards on lift or trailer

hankjones
hankjones Member Posts: 9 ✭✭
I have a fundeck GS201 and want to put it on a private boat lift that I have rented.  Does anyone know what the proper spacing (in to in) of the two bunk boards is supposed to be?  My bunks are 2x8s pressure treated with carpeting.  For some reason this information is not readily available.  Even the dealers don't want to tell you what to do.

HJ

Comments

• callforbids
    callforbids Member Posts: 60 ✭✭
    HJ,
    Just went through this for my SD2000. I don't know the inches for your GS201, but if you look at your transom from the rear, you will see a major chine?? on each side. The bunks should be situated just inside those chines.

I do have one question about what you are trying to do. I am not sure whether you will be using rough cut 2 by 8's, or lumberyard 2 by 8's, which the true dimensions are actually 1 1/2 by 7 1/2 inces. I think they might bow outward on your lift, and I am not sure are adequate. I ended up using rough cut 3 by 10 inch by 10 foot pieces. If you look at most trailers designed for that size boat they will at least use 3 by 8 inch bunks.

If you send me your email address I can send you a jpeg that shows the positioning.  Hope this helps.

Steve
  • hankjones
    hankjones Member Posts: 9 ✭✭
    Steve,

The bunks are rough sawn dimension lumber measurin a full 2"x 8".  I am in Bonita Springs at 239-465-9866 give me a call.
  • callforbids
    The measurement on my 3 X8 foot bunks on my trailer is 44 inches inside to inside. Hope this helps.
    Steve
  • Please contact Terri Gipson at tgipson@NauticGlobalGroup.com for specs.
  • tmills3202
    tmills3202 Member Posts: 20 ✭✭
    I am in the same "boat", no pun intended. I have a 2008 SD2000 and I have asked everyone too, dealers, lift manufacturers and installers and they all pass the buck. I called the factory and the sales rep was very nice and tried to help. He had the specs for the 211 but didn't have the comparable specs for the SD2000 so that was also a dead end. Does anyone know the correct measurements between the carpeted 2X8's for the SD2000?? My lift had a Hurricane SD211 on it before but I understand the Sd2000 has a little more angle than the 211. I would sure like to know before I try it and nick up the gelcoat on the cross beam.
    Thanks, Tom
  • callforbids
    I set my 3" by 8" bunks on my trailer with 44" of space from the inside of one bunk to the inside of the other bunk. The distance from the ground to the keel at the transom is 21", and the top of my bunks are at 27". That gives me adequate clearance between the keel and the cross members of the trailer.

Hope this helps.
    Steve
  • callforbids
    I have a 2008 SD2000. I had an aluminum tandem wheel trailer trailer built for it by Rocket Trailers International in Fort Myers, FL. The service manager is very experienced in fitting boats on trailers. He had my boat in their yard while building my trailer.

Here are the measurements he used.
    Inside measurement between the 3" by 8" bunks was 44 inches,
    Sitting on level ground the keel at the transom is 21" above the ground.
    The top of the bunks is 27 inches to the ground.

That 6" difference is important to make sure the keel will not hit the crossmembers on the trailer. The 44" is important as that measurement places the bunk inside the main chine on the bottom of the boat.

Hope this helps.

Steve