Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

Instrument Panel replacement: Ideas?

Options
Any ideas on where to find a replacement instrument dash board panel on a 2005 hurricane SD 237?

Answers

• callforbids
    callforbids Member Posts: 60 ✭✭
    Options

melaniebclem,

I can help you find a replacement dash for your SD237. I have a SD237, and located a Plexiglas, starboard, lexan, etc. mechanic or fabricator who has the templates for the panels. He is in Florida, and just made a set of panels for a dealer in Cape Coral that look pretty nice.

My panels (wood grain/ burlwood) have cracked and are faded. I need the top panel for tachometer, speedometer, etc. and the middle panel that houses the circuit breakers. My lower right panel with the switches on it is in good shape. I might replace it just for cosmetic reasons.

I also know who made the panels for Hurricane, but can't get them to return my calls. I don't know whether they can still make them or have any "left overs" in their inventory.

Feel free to call me to discuss my experiences with this project. (239) 567-89eight0. I could post all my experiences to this forum, but is a little more than my brain or fingers can do. If you just want the name and phone number of the fabricator, just post to this board or call me.

callforbids

Steve

• melaniebclem
    melaniebclem Member Posts: 3
    Options
    Hey thanks I will call you and get the name. Any idea where to get a manual for the motor and boat by chance since you have the same one?
  • callforbids
    Options

I HAVE A BIG PACKET OF INFO. IT HAS A MERCRUISER AND OUTDRIVE BOOKLET. I AM NOT SURE HOW MANY PAGES THERE ARE TO IT.

I AM IN FLORIDA FOR THE WINTER AND I DON'T HAVE A COPYING MACHINE/PRINTER.

THEY DO HAVE ONE FOR RESIDENTS OF THE COMMUNITY TO USE, AND THEY CHARGE FIVE CENTS A COPY WHICH IS PRETTY REASONABLE.

I WILL LET YOU KNOW WHAT DOCUMENTATION I HAVE.

STEVE

• cjjjdeck
    cjjjdeck Member, Moderator Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    callforbids sounds like he has a pretty good contact for what you need.and well worth a call.

Over time, I've seen a number of these kind of requests on a number of forums and your post prodded me to do a little research.  I found a couple of alternate resources for replacement panels that have been discontinued as well.  However, if your dash panels have any "surface" contours that have been molded into the panel (my SD237 has this kind of panel) you're probably out of luck on an "exact" replica as most replacements seem only to be available in a flat panel (which should still work with no problem).  Here's the couple I talked to if you're interested:

Custom Instrument Panels 704-985-0171
    I talked with Mack (real nice guy).  They've been doing this kind of work since 1989.  Panels are usually ABS with UV finish and average 5 day turnaround time.  Price typically ranges from $120.00 to $500.00 depending how elaborate the panel is and if there's customization that you want to do.  Bottom line, you'll get a quote.

Livorsi 877-548-5900
    I talked with Fred.  They only use carbon fiber material for the panels but comes in a variety of colors (sorry, no woodgrain).  They typically have a three week lead time and each panel is custom quoted.

Here's a "Before and After" picture of a Sea Ray Sundancer dash panel that is on the Custom Instrument Panels site.

2012 SD237 I/O Mercruiser 5.0L MPI ECT/ Bravo 3
    2012 Load Rite Elite Tandem axle trailer

• cjjjdeck
    cjjjdeck Member, Moderator Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sorry, bad resolution on the picture I posted, this one should be better!
    2012 SD237 I/O Mercruiser 5.0L MPI ECT/ Bravo 3
    2012 Load Rite Elite Tandem axle trailer

• callforbids
    Options

I HAVE A BIG PACKET OF INFO. IT HAS A MERCRUISER AND OUTDRIVE BOOKLET. I AM NOT SURE HOW MANY PAGES THERE ARE TO IT.

I AM IN FLORIDA FOR THE WINTER AND I DON'T HAVE A COPYING MACHINE/PRINTER.

THEY DO HAVE ONE FOR RESIDENTS OF THE COMMUNITY TO USE, AND THEY CHARGE FIVE CENTS A COPY WHICH IS PRETTY REASONABLE.

I WILL LET YOU KNOW WHAT DOCUMENTATION I HAVE.

STEVE

• melaniebclem
    melaniebclem Member Posts: 3
    Options
    These are all terrific ideas, thank you so much for the help! Melanie