Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

Installing a table

Options
datadon
datadon Member Posts: 3
Have an after-market Sequoia boat table that I want to install in my 2011  SD Sport 188.  I need to screw the base plate to the deck but am worried about puncturing the gas tank.  Any advice is welcome.  Thanks.

Best Answers

Answers

• nquirk
    nquirk Member, Moderator Posts: 672 ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@datadon, did your 188 come with a table mount already?  I know on the newer models there is a table mounted in the back near the corner seats but the problem with that location is I believe the mounts are installed on the cap prior to the cap being placed on top of the hull.  I'm not sure how you would safely be able to get there without seriously risking puncturing the fuel tank.

On my 2010 188 I have the mount on the ski locker access hatch.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2010 Hurricane SS 188 OB
    2010 Mercury Optimax 200HP / Mercury SS High Five 19P
    2010 Trailmaster SC trailer
  • datadon
    Options
    Nope - mine did not have a table.  Thanks.  Really want the table in back by the corner seat.  Anyone else have any ideas?
  • cjjjdeck
    cjjjdeck Member, Moderator Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Without cutting an access plate somewhere (either in the deck or in the storage locker under the rear or side seat), you'll have no way of knowing if there's any wiggle room between the deck and fuel tank.  Also, without something backing the screws/bolts, you'll just rip out the screws when someone bumps into it once too often.

Although you've already bought the table and hardware, you may want to seriously consider a "Plan B".

At a recent boat show I attended, I saw quite a number of other manufacturers using a side mount bracket table system.  They are made by Taco and Garelick and they allow you to mount the base plate vertically on the outside of any vertical surface (like the outside of a seat storage locker).  This would give you easy access to mounting the base plate. Taco uses a 1 5/8" tube while Garelick uses the same tube size as ITC/Sequoia (2.25"), so if the table base brackets (Garelick calls it a "surface mount adapter") are compatible, you should be able to use the table top you have.  ITC/Sequoia uses a rubber cap on top of their pedestal, I'm not so sure Garelick does, so you may have to also purchase their adapter (or maybe not!).  Depending on how the table positions itself using the side mount, you may also need to re-position the bracket underneath it to put the table top in a preferred position.

Here's the link to Garelick's site:

Here's one place I found to buy it, I'm sure there's others:

Just a thought......

2012 SD237 I/O Mercruiser 5.0L MPI ECT/ Bravo 3
    2012 Load Rite Elite Tandem axle trailer

• datadon
    Options
    Guess I'll be putting it over the ski hatch.  Thanks,

• cjjjdeck
    cjjjdeck Member, Moderator Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I've got one there too.  It's still a useful location (although I understand you wanting it in the rear section, we pull out the rear table more than the front) and it will be an easier install for sure.

Good luck with the install.
    2012 SD237 I/O Mercruiser 5.0L MPI ECT/ Bravo 3
    2012 Load Rite Elite Tandem axle trailer