Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

Live well will not drain?

Options
Can anyone help. Live well will fill, circulate etc. But will not drain?

Comments

• cntknott
    cntknott Member Posts: 2
    Options
    Live well will fill,circulate but will NOT drain ( empty ) ?
  • cjjjdeck
    cjjjdeck Member, Moderator Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I assume after you remove the long tube that you insert into the drain hole to keep the live well full while in use, then it will not drain out.

That can only mean that there is a blockage in the drain or a kink in the hose preventing the water from draining out.  In my model boat, I can see a pretty good section of the drain hose from my anchor locker, so I might see if it's kinked or if something in the anchor locker is pinching it.  If it's a blockage, you can either take a hose or use compressed air with a rubber grommet or something wrapped around the nozzle to prevent water/air from escaping around the livewell drain hole as you apply pressure.  This usually clears out most blockages.
    2012 SD237 I/O Mercruiser 5.0L MPI ECT/ Bravo 3
    2012 Load Rite Elite Tandem axle trailer

• Fred
    Fred Member Posts: 5
    Options
    In my boat there is a valve at transom, one each for live well intake and drain.  Check if drain valve is present and open......if it is closed it could be for a reason, perhaps drain hose leaks (mine does).  Just be mindful that opening valve if drain hose has trouble could be inviting in water!

HTH

FRED
    Hurricane 188 SS, 4.3 I/O 2013
  • nprcoolcop380
    nprcoolcop380 Member Posts: 68 ✭✭
    Options
    My 2008 Hurricane SD220 had the same issue. The hose had to be cut being that it was a little to long and would kink. It was cut back and flushed with a hose and it was perfect !