Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

188 OB vs IO

Options
longlake
longlake Member Posts: 18 ✭✭
edited September 2013 in Engine Discussions
Hey Hurricane owners, I'm brand new to the forum. Getting close to making a purchase of a new 188, but I keep going back and forth between a 220 IO vs. 150 hp Yammy 4 stroke.  I know both are great motors. I'd just be interested in hearing from owners of either of these packages what you like or dislike about your choice, what's your experience with pulling up a slalom skiier with either package, and any other insights you might have.  Thanks!
Post edited by nquirk on

Best Answers

Answers

• longlake
    Options
    Hey gang,

Great comments and input.  I really appreciate you all taking the time to give me your insights.  It's very helpful to me.  I just sold a fishing boat with a 150 E-Tec. Super motor.  I've had a runabout with a 4.3 liter IO. Going with a deck boat believing/hoping it will give me a little something for everyone.  Wife and kids miss the comfort of the runabout.   My adult age son and I both slalom ski so I've been concerned about hole shot of the 4 stroke Yammy, but maybe as one of you suggested could be addressed with a 4 or 5 blade prop.  Great forum!  Thanks.

• longlake
    Options
    Thanks cjjjdeck for you io insights.  Very helpful.