Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

new to me Hurricane boat onwer with some questions

Options
rcgreat
rcgreat Member Posts: 19 ✭✭

I have purchase an 1997 Hurricane Fundeck 226R and I love the boat so far. First trip was yesterday and there are some minor things that need work. No surprises, just updating.

First order is the trailer, PO apparently did not tow it often because the trailer looks to be in very good shape for a 15 year old trailer. but the trailer bow stop is killing the front of the hull when I launch. I replaced the boat stop that was on the boat with a roller and bells, but it still seem that when I launch it is coming hard off the stop. What are you guys using has a bow stop?

Second is the Bimini, the zippers are toast so its starting to come down. How do I go about getting a replacement Bimini fabric? the framing is in good shape.

Thanks in advance

Gary  

1997 Hurricane Fundeck 226R

1997 Yamaha C115

Dunedin, FL

Comments

• EzGoinFlGuy
    EzGoinFlGuy Member Posts: 29 ✭✭
    Options

Gary,

I don't know about everyone else, but mine leaves some of the roller material on the boat and polishes right off when I'm cleaning the hull.  The scuff in the pic is material from the roller bump. I did lower the crank assy on the tree a bit for fit. This is my 2nd Hurricane and both scuff the bow but not scratching or gouging gel coat. Roller alignment has been important.

I had the same issue with the bimini. $400 bucks took care of my problem at the local marina. New top, zippers and 6 snaps for the cover. Locally (West coast FL) 400 to 500 $$ for new top/zippers not including hdw/frame.

I've taken the tree off for a new trolling motor install, checking clearances. The guys here have given me some good tips and advice too!!  :o)  Good bunch on the Hurricane forum.

EZ

EZ

EzGoinFlGuy
    2004 GS 202
    Yamaha 150-4 Stroke
    Brooksville, FL

• cjjjdeck
    cjjjdeck Member, Moderator Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    TPR (Thermal Plasticized Rubber) and Polyurethane rollers/stops work better than black rubber.   You may want to post some pictures of the trouble area and the damage that's occurring so we can help you better. 

I'm going to take a guess here.  Is the front underside of the bow hitting the top of or somewhere on the winch stand when you launch?  If so, there may be a product that might help.  It replaces your current bow roller.  It's made by Stoltz Trailer products and is made to fix launching Caroline Skiff boats.  They available through a bunch of online marine stores.

2012 SD237 I/O Mercruiser 5.0L MPI ECT/ Bravo 3
    2012 Load Rite Elite Tandem axle trailer

• rcgreat
    Options

Thanks guys for the responses. I took some pictures let me see if I can get them uploaded here in a second or two. cjjjdeck I think you got the answer for the bow roller issue.

EZ, I to am on the west coast of FL. but I am a little south of you in Dunedin. Where is the closest Hurricane dealer to you that you trust? I have not searched yet.

Take a looksee, I know I need to lower the winch a little more. I was also thinking that I need a longer winch seat because I cannot get the eye on the bow stop because the winch handle hits the hull when winching up the boat. thanks again guys.

1997 Yamaha C115

Dunedin, FL

• cjjjdeck
    cjjjdeck Member, Moderator Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    RC, I attached some pics of my winch setup for comparison, the trailer is a roller type.

I'm not sure which type of trailer you have (I'll assume "bunk" since your in FL), is your boat laying level on the bunks.?
    2012 SD237 I/O Mercruiser 5.0L MPI ECT/ Bravo 3
    2012 Load Rite Elite Tandem axle trailer

• rcgreat
    Options

Wow guys I did not realize the pics were so small I will put them up again but larger.

CJ, I do have a bunk trailer. The boat is sitting level on the bunks, I wish I could get the boat lower but the front roller is all the way down. I am going to look into picking up those rollers you posted up earlier. I talked to a trailer shop and they recommended using the 2x4s like you see on skiff trailers, but I cant see how that would work

Here are the pics again resized.

1997 Yamaha C115

Dunedin, FL

• rcgreat
    Options
    ok lets try again

1997 Yamaha C115

Dunedin, FL