Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

Bimini top poles & ski tow bar

Options
My 2010 sundeck outboard has a ski tow bar, plus bimini top. In low stored position - the bimini is in the way of ski rope for skiing, tubing ,etc. In upper position (not open, just higher position) - great for ski, tube, but too tall for boat lift/canopy. Can I substitute the lower position bimini poles for some that are slightly longer - like 4 inches - which would make the lower stored position just high enough for ski/tube tow rope. Make sense?
Thanks

Comments

• nquirk
    nquirk Member, Moderator Posts: 672 ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@JesuitWarrior, I suppose you could change the poles however I suspect by doing so, the bimini may not operate properly when open as its fitted.  If you change just the lower ones, then it in theory should work as you've mentioned.

The lower position is typically for towing/trailering but understand your dilemma with the boat lift.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2010 Hurricane SS 188 OB
    2010 Mercury Optimax 200HP / Mercury SS High Five 19P
    2010 Trailmaster SC trailer