Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

Questions about new 2017 Hurricane 187 i/o

Hurricone
Hurricone Member Posts: 6
Just bought a new 2017 Hurricane 187 i/o. Love the boat, but had some questions I thought the community could help me with:

1. What is the weight capacity in persons and gear for this boat? Can't find it anywhere. I can't imagine 10 full grown adults would fit in this boat.

2. What is the draft up and down on this boat? Am I correct that it's 12" and 24"?

3. I cannot figure out how to activate the livewell. Is there a video showing how to do this? Flipped the switch and nothing. 

4. I was recommended to upgrade the prop to a 4-blade. What would be a good 4-blade aluminum prop that would improve hole shot and reduce planing speed? I know this is trial and error, but any input is helpful.

Comments

• Thesteve
    Thesteve Member Posts: 45 ✭✭
    I went from a 3 blade14.75/17 pitch to a Solas Amita 4, 4 blade 14.25/15pitch. Also installed Se sport 300 hydrofoil on the engine-- 2011 SD187 W/150 Yamaha. It its like a new boat and engine, hole shot is awesome, top speed still great, I believe I top out at 5100 rpm but not there much at all. The combination also helped dramatically with the boats tendency to wander at very slow speeds and cavitate during higher speed turns.  I could not be happier!!
  • Hurricone
    Hurricone Member Posts: 6
    Thanks Thesteve. I'll check to see if your config might work. Mine's an i/o, so not sure if weight differences between them matter. Anyone else have answers to the other questions? I'm trying to find the answer to #1 for a weekend trip with family. My boat's on a dry rack, so I can't check the capacity sticker.
  • Thesteve
    For # 1 My placard reads 10 people. Forgot the max weight, I think it is around 1400 lbs.
  • Thesteve
    You may be in luck with the extended swim platform, looking at the pictures, there looks like there is a support bar which would be your only factor. Also, your boat is on a dry rack... Is it a boat lift or is it fork lifted at a marina? if the latter, be mindful when they fork it, if you install the tabs as they will extend below the transom and possibly cause a conflict with the forks. I had my boat in dry storage and when they took it out or put it away, the forks always extended out the back.