Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

Fun Deck 226 two stroke oil tank location

skiwater9
skiwater9 Member Posts: 8 ✭✭
Where is the external 2 stroke oil tank located on a 2014 Fun Deck 226 with an Etec 150?

Comments

• bshippjr
    bshippjr Member Posts: 116 ✭✭✭
    Don't know for sure on the 226 but look in the floor underneath the pop up changing room.  If there is a storage compartment there may be a removable storage container/insert.  Take it out and the oil tank, batteries, etc are accessed here.  This is where the oil tank and batteries are on the two Hurricanes I have owned.

By the way, how do you like the Etec.  I have an old Johnson 2 stroke that is a workhorse but occasionally consider getting an Etec. 
    2000 Hurricane SD 217 OB
  • skiwater9
    skiwater9 Member Posts: 8 ✭✭
    I do not have the boat yet, I had asked the dealer where it would be locaed and he thought it would be in deck access where the batteries are in the aft near the boarding ladder, but he did not seem confident, which is why I am asking.
  • nquirk
    nquirk Member, Moderator Posts: 672 ✭✭✭✭
    In my experience with the SS188, previous GS170, and FD 228 they all had their oil reservoir tanks located in the battery compartment as your dealer indicated so I'd suspect that's where you'll find it on that model.  Typically keeps the 'mess' to the outside or bilge areas on not the interior usable or interior storage compartments.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2010 Hurricane SS 188 OB
    2010 Mercury Optimax 200HP / Mercury SS High Five 19P
    2010 Trailmaster SC trailer
  • cazzy8
    cazzy8 Member Posts: 7
    Mine is located under the tow bar area. Access is through the rear bilge pump cover ahead of the motor cover and also through the battery storage area under the change room floor. Very poor design for repair or removal if needed. 
  • dday50
    dday50 Member Posts: 3
    I have looked in every compartment , every hatch  including the battery area, there is also a hatch just forward of the motor that I was sure it would be , but nope not there either . 
  • Eyekymo
    Eyekymo Member Posts: 3
    Can you contact Hurricane?