Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

Where to mount fishing rod holders on a SunDeck Sport?

2»

Comments

• MarlTroutBum
    MarlTroutBum Member Posts: 10

Hey ralphhwalker, I like that set up.  Question, did you install that rail from the back of the boat to the port side, or was that already there?  If you installed it, where do you order it from?

• MarlTroutBum
    MarlTroutBum Member Posts: 10

I bought  a seasucker single air tank holder.  I use it on my 2013 ss188 to hold my fishing rods behind the driver's side, starboard side.  I got about 6 fishing rods and it holds them in place.  When trailering, I use the seasucker on the opposite side near the floor to hold them in place.

ss188rider, with your rods attached behind the captain's chair, do you have any issues with the rods hitting or getting caught up in the bimini top?

• BWH
    BWH Member Posts: 113 ✭✭✭

I have 2006 Fun Deck GS 194, similar to todays Sun Deck.  Not a serious fishermen, but kids like to have a go at it from time to time.  When we are on the water on any normal day (tubing, cruising etc), we put a 38  qt cooler on the floor area just in front of our OB/retractable ski pole.  Area normally has a cushioned seat there that covers the bilge access hatch.  We NEVER use the seat/cushion that is designed for that area as we found ourselves constantly walking on it as we work the tube rope or whatever.   Now to how this relates to this topic...  I do not like to put holes in my boat when I can find another option that fits my needs.   When fishing, I have an old Igloo 38 qt cooler (2 wheels, pull handle on one end, top comes completely off type).  Bought the rod plastic holder at local store and mounted to outside of cooler.  Fits in same floor area nicely.  Cooler only holds 3 rods, but can also be used on the banks of the lake or anywhere else.  We walk across these coolers to fish or work the ski ropes.  Inexpensive and works for me...               

• herbertriggs
    herbertriggs Member Posts: 6 ✭✭
    This is how you do it on a 2200
  • FamilyTherapy
    FamilyTherapy Member Posts: 2
    Herbertriggs, where did you get those rod holders?