Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

Prop size?

ktimmons
ktimmons Member Posts: 1
I have a 1998 fun deck 201 with a 1998 evinrude 150 hp. Awesome boat but looking to replace the prop and looking for a recommendation on size?

Comments

• Capt_Steve
    Capt_Steve Member Posts: 416 admin
    Recommended size is 15 x 17 pitch
  • pdmeyer
    pdmeyer Member Posts: 2
    I have a 1988 FD 196 with the Evinrude GT150hp.  What is the recomended prop for my boat?  I currently have a 14.5 X 18 ??  And what difference does it make if it is three blade or four blade?
  • Ernest_T
    Ernest_T Member, Moderator Posts: 269 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2013
    Evinrude does not show a performance bulletin for your boat, but for the larger 226 model they are recommending a three blade 14.5 X 16 prop or a 14.75 X 17.  Captain Steve may have a recommendation from Hurricane for your boat. 

Its pretty easy to find out whether you are over or under-propped.  The key is to see what your maximum rpms are when the boat is trimmed up completely and you are running at top speed on relatively calm water.  On that engine you want to be close to 5800 rpms.  If you are much lower than that number you need a smaller prop.  If you are hitting the rev limiter at top speed then you need a larger prop.

Going from a 3 blade to a 4 blade prop, generally gives you a little better hole shot at the expense of a lower top end speed.
    2010 Hurricane 2100 (217) Sun Deck
    2008 Yamaha F150 TXR Outboard
    2008 Yamaha FX **** Cruiser Waverunner
  • Capt_Steve
    Capt_Steve Member Posts: 416 admin
    @pdmeyer ... Not seeing this info anywhere. See attached Evinrude prop guide. Follow advice from @ErnestT and you'll be ahead of the game.
  • pdmeyer
    pdmeyer Member Posts: 2
  • mdgreen
    mdgreen Member Posts: 1

I have a 2012 sundeck sport 201 I/o, 4.3 mpi.  I am looking to get a dual purpose stainless prop for watersports and cruising...don't mind loosing some top end speed to gain holeshot power.  All suggestions are welcomed.

Thanks!

Darren

• gapman59
    gapman59 Member Posts: 6
    On my FD226 with a 115 Yamaha. I have tried 3 different props and the best I have found is a 13.5 x15" 4 blade. I get 34.5mph top end with a quick plane and able to pull tubers with 11 people in the boat. Boat loaded with max people count it runs 29.5.
  • fastback4
    fastback4 Member Posts: 5
    20ft fundeck 115 e-tec 13.5 x 15 pitch aluminum prop. hate this prop, might go with a 19 pitch. not looking for top speed more so boat control.
  • zacj
    zacj Member Posts: 4
    I just purchased a 2018 2200 Sd with a Yamaha 175. Any suggestions on a prop for that motor? It has a very heavy prop now which I took off. Looking for pulling tubers most of the time. And quick plane