Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

Installing 12/24 onboard charger preferences?

I'm back fishing for experienced advice from the Hurricane Boat Club Guys about onboard 12/24 battery chargers. I'm mounting my two batteries under the aft port lounge seat. Everything is set up for my bow-mount. Charging is going to be an issue. Any tips on brand, hookups, diagrams? I  want a classy/quality install, so I don't have to drag the charger out every time before I go out. Just plug-n-play so to speak and be confident both 12 & 24 volt systems will be charged to capacity and ready to go when I head out early in AM dark. Getting lazy in my old age... :O) 

EZ

EzGoinFlGuy
2004 GS 202
Yamaha 150-4 Stroke
Brooksville, FL

Best Answers

Answers

• EzGoinFlGuy
    EzGoinFlGuy Member Posts: 29 ✭✭
    edited August 2013

Thanks, soon I'll have everything I need to get her up and runnin. Storm fronts coming in today, will give me time to shop for remaining electrical goodies.

Will definitely look into these chargers.

It's good to know that there are those that have been in my shoes having learned the hard way and are willing to share their experience. A big "THANKS TO YOU GUYS"!

EZ

EzGoinFlGuy
    2004 GS 202
    Yamaha 150-4 Stroke
    Brooksville, FL

• delhaven
    delhaven Member Posts: 43 ✭✭
    I'd like to install a simple charger that I can keep connected to 120 volt shore power. I have two size 24 starting batteries with a switch. The boat is on a lift and I only want to keep the batteries "conditioned", so a trickle type charger will probably work. Any ideas as to what I should use that will mount in the engine room, stay connected and charge two batteries?