Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

New 2013 SunDeck 187/ob problems.

Options
New boat with only 15 hours. Livewell never worked, Onboard shower worked 3 times and died last time we went out.
Fuel in not venting, sucks fuel line flat. Boat died twice when adding power.
Please tell me this is not the future of this boat. New Hurricane Owner.

Comments

• Capt_Steve
    Capt_Steve Member Posts: 416 admin
    Options
    @gybo ... what is the dealer saying about this? They should be all over these issues. Say the word if you need Hurricane to intervene. Sorry you're having this experience, but we'll get fixed for you.
  • nquirk
    nquirk Member, Moderator Posts: 672 ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@gybo, This is not typical and should not be the future of this boat.  I've owned several Hurricanes and know many more and these boats are very reliable.  (Knock on wood) I'm now in my 4th season with mine with over 150 hours on it, and its never given me a moments issue.

If your dealer isn't helping, I'd take Capt_Steve up on his offer and get Hurricane to intervene.  Owning a Hurricane should be a positive experience.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2010 Hurricane SS 188 OB
    2010 Mercury Optimax 200HP / Mercury SS High Five 19P
    2010 Trailmaster SC trailer
  • delhaven
    delhaven Member Posts: 43 ✭✭
    Options
    HAVE THESE ISSUES BEEN RESOLVED? JUST CURIOUS ABOUT THE HURRICANE SERVICE?
  • Capt_Steve
    Capt_Steve Member Posts: 416 admin
    Options
    Need more info if you need help with this. Hoping the dealer is on top of these issues
  • frankncorinne
    frankncorinne Member Posts: 1
    Options
    gybo - we came across your problems when researching the multiple warranty problems we incurred with our brand new Sundeck Sport SS 231 OB.  Factory ordered our boat from Hurricane Dealer near us in Virginia, took delivery of boat in Feb of 2013 and brought it down to our vacation home in **** Gorda, FL.  From day one, we experienced electrical problems with auxiliary systems - batteries were not cross connected nor was there an off/off switch and any use of auxiliary systems quickly drained one of the two batteries. 
    Further, both lifewells not properly installed and drain completely when underway; however, we are rarely underway because new Yamaha 250 fourstroke loses power and quickly dies when we come up on plane; there appears to be a problem with tank not venting.
    There's more - engine tachometer not working or set properly and tach and all other guages fog up and fill with condensation - do not appear to be sealed.  Cup holders all blew out of the boat the first time we were on plane - were not sealed in.
    We have had the boat nearly a year now and have not been able to solve problems.  Closest Hurricane Service dealer in Florida says Hurricane stated they did not rig boat and is not responsible for problems - they fixed the wiring, but charged us for it.  They did not fix anything else. They said the baitwells were improperly installed and set up.  They could not find anything wrong with the engine, but also charged us for engine diagnostics.  Dealer where we bought the boat says everything came 100% installed and set up from Hurricane, not done by them, so warranty should cover everything.
    We have less than 15 hrs on the boat and engine in our first year of use and are no closer towards resolution of multiple factory/dealer defects and installation problems and no one wants to address. Hurricane dealer/service agent in South Florida not interested in fixing new boat and addressing warranty items with a boat not purchased from them (their words).  Like gybo, I question if this is the future of Hurricane?
  • cjjjdeck
    cjjjdeck Member, Moderator Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This is unfortunate to hear as many of us owners have had much better experiences with their boats, myself included.  In fact, I have a great dealer that sold me the boat as well (I would really like to think I'm not the only one).

Regarding getting charged by another Hurricane dealer for what should be warranty repairs (which absolutely shouldn't have happened), the dealer you bought the boat from should get in contact with his regional sales manager and see if you can get reimbursed for some , if not all, those repairs.  If your dealer knew you were going to be boating in another location, he could/should have contacted the local Hurricane dealer there and work something out with you if you needed service.  If that doesn't work, I would contact Hurricane directly.

I boat in other bodies of water as well and I asked my dealer how Hurricane handles warranty repair at dealers I didn't buy the boat from and he said its no different than a car dealer.  He stated that Hurricane has always been very fair on getting warranty work done.

Regarding the gauges, if they are made by Faria, they have a lifetime warranty.  If your in the factory warranty period Hurricane will cover the repair/replacement, out of warranty period, Faria covers the repair/replacement.
    2012 SD237 I/O Mercruiser 5.0L MPI ECT/ Bravo 3
    2012 Load Rite Elite Tandem axle trailer

• cjjjdeck
    cjjjdeck Member, Moderator Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I just doubled checked on the Faria warranty and I apologize, I was mistaken on the warranty period, it's not "Lifetime", it's a three year warranty.  This still gives two additional years beyond the one year warranty that comes with the boat.

I've attached Faria's Warrranty Statement.
    2012 SD237 I/O Mercruiser 5.0L MPI ECT/ Bravo 3
    2012 Load Rite Elite Tandem axle trailer