Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

radio quit working

Options
I took my 2009 202 fun deck out yesterday and the radio would not come on. any-one else have this problem? I checked the rocker switch and it lights up and the circuit breakers are all fine.Any idea's? nothing comes on at all.

Comments

• A92notchback
    A92notchback Member Posts: 2
    Options
    I have had that problem, and it can be caused by several things.  First I would recommend that you use a voltmeter to check for power at the wiring that plugs into the back of the radio.  If no power, then you may have a blown in-line fuse or a bad connection.  If you have power, then check your ground wire for continuity and good connection.  If the ground is good and you have power, check on the radio for a factory reset button.  If that doesn't work, it may be time for a new stereo.  I just replaced mine with a mechless head unit from Boss that has decent sound and bluetooth connectivity for less than $100.  It's definitely not audiophile quality, but it's plenty loud on the boat, sounds decent, and is budget friendly.

Hope this helps.