Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

replacement seats for a 89 hurricane

dianajmti4
dianajmti4 Member Posts: 1

hey there,

we got a 89' hurricane deck boat from my parents and the seats need to be replaced, where would we find them. I have searched online for hours and not having a ton of luck.

Answers

• Capt_Steve
    Capt_Steve Member Posts: 416 admin
    @dianajmti4 ... those seats were likely manufactured by Veada (www.veada.com) and they should have replacement seats that will work. You can also try aftermarket options like overtons.com, iboats.com or westmarine.com
  • moon2ya
    moon2ya Member Posts: 1
    Would that go for a 2004 GS 201 Fundeck also?
  • Capt_Steve
    Capt_Steve Member Posts: 416 admin
    @moon2ya ... that's right... as for the aftermarket options, just make sure the receiver base diameter matches new posts. 
  • anchor1
    anchor1 Member Posts: 12

I checked with hurricane about a replacement seat back for my 2002 gs201. They indicated that they do not have any stock or specs for replacements. I then contacted veada who also indicated that replacement cushions were not available through them either. Seems like I am stuck going to a custom upholstery provider.

If anyone has another option to replace a rear corner cushion I would appreciate your help.

• solorogue
    solorogue Member Posts: 4
    I looked at Veada and other sites to purchase new furniture on a 95' Hurricane I am restoring and the one thing I am not sure about is that my furniture back sides sit on the lip of the deck against the fence. All furniture I find it made to sit completely flat on the deck and not accommodate the deck lip. Is your layout like this as well? Please see image

Veada
    Veada
    Veada
  • solorogue
    solorogue Member Posts: 4
    edited July 2013
    Posted pic above of seating
  • VeadaBoatSeats
    VeadaBoatSeats Member Posts: 5
    At Veada we have built many seats for Godfrey in the past and hit and miss on Hurricane models.  If we did build the originals, we typically have a 7 year life span on the ability to build the replicas of our original seats.  At times we can make skins (original sewn covers) and send these direct.  For the complete seats, these will need to be purchased direct through a Godfrey dealer.

We have also been able to help out with our aftermarket seats as seen at http://veada.com.  With the arrangement mentioned above with the outer ledge, we have had customers purchase our pontoon furniture, notching out the bottom 4" to accommodate the ledge.  This can be seen on a Hurricane 196 at http://veada.com/gallery.php?album_id=10 or attached.

With any questions, let us know at customerservice@veada.com or 877-311-4077!

Veada
    Veada
    Veada