Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

intermittent trim operation 2000 fun deck

Options
im having intermittent trim operation, and have always started the boat with the throttle in the throttle only forward position. now intermittent starting in that throttle position, starts ok in neutral  position, Not sure if there related

Comments

• Tobi
    Tobi Member Posts: 3
    Options
    I have a 2002 fundeck and had intermittent trim operation in the up direction.  It finally stopped working all together.  I bypassed the up solenoid and it worked.  I found a new solenoid online for $12, replaced it, and it now works fine.  I don't have any recent experience with the starting issue but had a throttle cable adjustment causing this issue on another boat. 
  • nquirk
    nquirk Member, Moderator Posts: 672 ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@greatwhite, @Tobi found one of the common problems with trim operation with one of the solenoids being faulty.

However, before you start troubleshooting that, check your fluid levels.  If it works, but is intermittent up or down from time to time, fluid level of your trim pump is a good first check.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2010 Hurricane SS 188 OB
    2010 Mercury Optimax 200HP / Mercury SS High Five 19P
    2010 Trailmaster SC trailer