Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

water faucet at the sink?? duhhhh

CaptMike2
CaptMike2 Member Posts: 16 ✭✭
Ok so the sink mid port side on the 188 sport is a great idea, and the wash down at the stern boarding ladder is great too...

but for the life of me I can't understand why Hurricane didn't put a cheap faucet around the sink...

has anybody run the hose for that from the fresh water pump???

Thanks
Capt Mike

A Pirate 200 years too late, the canons don't thunder there is nothing to plunder, I'm an over 50 victim of fate..

Comments

• cooleyo
    cooleyo Member Posts: 8 ✭✭
    I assume you have the starboard sink with freshwater supply. Not sure why they didn't put water supply there as well. I just use it as temporary storage for my phone or wallet, whatever. My only complaint about the starboard sink is it blocks the top rod holder.
  • CaptMike2
    my sink is on the port side, but yea same concern..  I put a adjustable rod holder with extension on my port side in front of the helm, working out great... I'll post some pics soon.

A Pirate 200 years too late, the canons don't thunder there is nothing to plunder, I'm an over 50 victim of fate..
  • MNDaveC
    MNDaveC Member Posts: 24
    my sink connects to the silly camping water jug of water under the seat... of course the camp jug provided leaks at the nozzle, so trying to pump water up with the sink's hand pump seems fuitless.
  • same
    same Member Posts: 1
    I just bought a 2001 188 ss and it has a hose with a sprayer attached near the transom on the starboard side. Is there a pressure switch somewhere to activate the sprayer? How does it work?
  • Capt_Steve
    Capt_Steve Member Posts: 416 admin

@same ... You will need to flip the freshwater switch on the dash. You should then be able to hear the freshwater pump kick on. The tank will then pressurize, and you will be able to use the nozzle.

• CaptMike2

sorry guys, been gone for a while but I'm back.... lol

has anybody run a pressure hose from the wash down pump to a new faucet at the sink? looks like it would be a real P.I.T.A.

• bigbuka1
    bigbuka1 Member Posts: 43 ✭✭
    I installed a washdown hose and pump on my SD2000.  It did not have one.  I put in a manual switch (lever) that allows me to switch my washdown hose between the water I am sitting in (salt water or lake water) and the 13 gallon fresh water tank in the boat.  It was a bit complicated because I had to install check valves, etc...but it works great.  You never know when you may be on the Bay and need a fresh water wash down...
    2012 Hurricane SD2000