Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

When I tie up my boat with boat whips, the rope rubs against the bimini top. How can I avoid this?

Jimc517
Jimc517 Member Posts: 1
How can I avoid this?  Do I always have to put the bimini top in the towing position?

Answers

• nquirk
    nquirk Member, Moderator Posts: 672 ✭✭✭✭

@Jimc517 .... I think you have two options.  One, as you've suggested, putting the bimini in tow position which isn't ideal but is a short term fix.

The second option (hard to tell without know your boat or seeing pictures) is to attach the rear rope to a different cleat.  Now you're probably thinking that there isn't another cleat towards the rear, however if you have a spot where the rope would be far enough back that it would be applicable to holding the boat in place but would avoid the rope rubbing on the bimini, I'd add an additional cleat.

This way you can leave the bimini in its upright position and fasten your boat in the right position using the whips. 

Let us know what you decide

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2010 Hurricane SS 188 OB
    2010 Mercury Optimax 200HP / Mercury SS High Five 19P
    2010 Trailmaster SC trailer
  • Scollins27
    Scollins27 Member Posts: 1
    edited July 2014
    Jim - just wondering how you made out with the bimini top? I have a 2012 188 OB and have the exact same problem. I have to drop it in into travel position every time we finish using the boat and I am tired of doing this!

I see the new Hurricanes have this fixed top. Can these be added to the older models?