Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

HELP removing one of the fishing chair support posts.

Options
DONQ
DONQ Member Posts: 5
edited June 2013 in General Discussions
I'm being challenged while unsuccessfully trying to remove a fishing chair post from the bow, deck mount receiver. Everything is in great /clean condition, but for whatever reason, I can't remove the post. I've used a slight twist while pulling up.......Tried tapping witha rubber mallet......I've even shot some PB Blaster "nut buster" to lube and penetrate. My "course of last resort" is to drill a hole thru the pipe and feed a long bolt thru to use as a handle to pull straight up.....I prefer not to do this, but ????? Any Ideas ? Thanks in advance..... 2006 198 Fundeck

Best Answer

Answers

• nquirk
    nquirk Member, Moderator Posts: 672 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Can you post a picture of it and/or the brand of chair?  Possible it has a release on the post but if you say its clean it shouldn't be corroded in place.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2010 Hurricane SS 188 OB
    2010 Mercury Optimax 200HP / Mercury SS High Five 19P
    2010 Trailmaster SC trailer
  • Capt_Steve
    Capt_Steve Member Posts: 416 admin
    Options
    @DONQ ... this is a twist-and-pull style of chair. I've had ones wedged in pretty good to where I would have sworn they were permanently installed. I would have to advise against drilling the hole you described. Just don't know the long-term consequences of that. Keep on the lubrication, twist/pull process...it should come loose.
  • DONQ
    DONQ Member Posts: 5
    Options
    Thanks for the vote of confidence, Capt........ I was thinking about putting a "cold pack" on the aluminum post if it would do any good......maybe a little shrinkage..... Oh well. Just thinking......