Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

Rocker switches

Options
tone100
tone100 Member Posts: 33 ✭✭
I had the covers on 2 of my switches break today on my 2011 ss188. Bad luck I guess but I would think they would last longer than 4 months. I bought it new in February.

The dealer is almost 200 miles round trip so it would be easier to just buy them online. I've found several sites that sell just the actuators so I won't have to buy the whole switch. Anyone know what brand the rocker switches are?
2011 SS 188 OB
Yamaha F150

Comments

• nquirk
    nquirk Member, Moderator Posts: 672 ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I've had one of mine apart and it has the manufacturer stamped on it however I'm almost 100% certain they're Carling.  http://www.carlingtech.com/rocker-switches-v-series-ii-iii

Perhaps Capt Steve can confirm with the Hurricane folks

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2010 Hurricane SS 188 OB
    2010 Mercury Optimax 200HP / Mercury SS High Five 19P
    2010 Trailmaster SC trailer
  • Capt_Steve
    Capt_Steve Member Posts: 416 admin
    Options
    Hey tone...here's the response from Terri in Hurricane Customer Support...her email is tgipson@nauticglobalgroup.com:

The warranty on these switches is one year from the date of purchase.  I would refer them to my email.  Once they provide the boat serial number, I could order and ship these direct.
  • tone100
    tone100 Member Posts: 33 ✭✭
    Options
    Thanks. I've been on vacation for a few days. I'll email Terri tomorrow. Appreciate it.
    2011 SS 188 OB
    Yamaha F150
  • csim
    csim Member Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi Folks, my 2011 SS188 switches have also broken.  Could I bother someone to take a picture of your switches and post them?  Since I don't think everything works on my boat, I'm trying to figure out which switch label goes in which position (and then I can troubleshoot if the device it's controlling isn't working).

I asked the dealer to replace them accurately when the boat when in for a recall, but they just put all "AUX" on each broken switch rocker which isn't very helpful.  I'm hoping Hurricane was consistent with switch position on all 2011 SS188s and yours will help me.  Much appreciated if someone is willing to do this.
  • cjjjdeck
    cjjjdeck Member, Moderator Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I have sent you a personal message, just click on the envelope icon in the upper right of the screen.
    2012 SD237 I/O Mercruiser 5.0L MPI ECT/ Bravo 3
    2012 Load Rite Elite Tandem axle trailer

• dwringjr
    dwringjr Member Posts: 1
    Options
    any chance you still have the picture? My rocker switches (all but 3) were knocked off and I cant figure out where they go. I have a 2011 Sundeck 187 OB.

Thanks
    DWR
  • cjjjdeck
    Options
    I have sent you a personal message, just click on the envelope icon in the upper right of the screen.

• Bkhwksam
    Bkhwksam Member Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi! Any way I can get that photo of the switches too? I just bought a 2011 Sundeck Sport 188 and the switches are worn so it's hard to tell what is what. Thanks!
  • cjjjdeck
    Options
    Bkhwksam said:
    Hi! Any way I can get that photo of the switches too? I just bought a 2011 Sundeck Sport 188 and the switches are worn so it's hard to tell what is what. Thanks!

• Gward
    Gward Member Posts: 8
    Options
    I just purchased a 2012 187 sun deck. I’m looking for a odiagram showing what each swatch is so I can figure out what does what.
  • cjjjdeck
    Options
    Gward said:
    I just purchased a 2012 187 sun deck. I’m looking for a odiagram showing what each swatch is so I can figure out what does what.

• Peterose24
    Peterose24 Member Posts: 1
    Options
    Hope you all can help me out, I have a 2010 sd ss188 all the labels for the rocker switches are gone, can you all help me figure out what switch is what. Thank you

• Gward
    Gward Member Posts: 8
    Options
    Hello Peterose24, I can help. Im not sure if the 2010 is the same as my 2012. I can imagine it would change much. Send me your email address and Ill send you a picture of mine when I get home, this evening.
  • cjjjdeck
    Options
    Hope you all can help me out, I have a 2010 sd ss188 all the labels for the rocker switches are gone, can you all help me figure out what switch is what. Thank you

Just in case Gward's picture of his helm is different than yours,  I sent you a personal message, just click on the envelope icon in the upper right of the screen.

Besides relabeling the switches yourself (like with a P-touch or some other labeling device), you also have the option of replacing the switch covers.  Here's a source for them:

Replacement Carling Contura II Switch covers source:
    New Wire Marine

• paulhale
    paulhale Member Posts: 5
    Options
    Hello, I have a 2011 187 sun deck sport, I am missing multiple switches and am not sure the ones that are on there are even in the right place. Does anyone have a picture or diagram I can have?